JCinPC

Greenie
Jul 18, 2017
Lower Alabama
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all from the Panhandle of Florida, (or as many call it, L.A. for Lower Alabama).

Looking to get started with a little mix of beach hunting (5 miles down the road) as well as coin/relic hunting (where, I don't know). Don't know if the metal detector club in the area still meets anymore. I learned about it through the one local brick and mortar authorized Whites dealer in the area (sold other brands as well). Went to go buy a metal detector last weekend, and apparently it's packed up and moved to another state. Really really really wanted the Whites MX Sport, but gotta go with the AT Pro. I do realize there are dedicated PI detectors for the beach, and I've seen head to head comparison of a less expensive land machine seemingly outperform the AT Pro in several categories. Just needed something that can do both saltwater/freshwater as well as land.

For you guys waiting for the The AT Max, rest easy. They'll release it the day my AT Pro arrives on my doorstep, so about another week.

I do plan on using one of the sponsored vendors on this site.

Looking forward to learning all I can. Thanks y'all!

Jim

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Jim! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Florida for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great intro post Jim! You are in a great location for all sorts of treasure hunting, and the AT Pro will serve you well! Look forward to seeing those finds posted!

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet from Virginia! Good Luck, Happy Hunting!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread