New Hunter need some help

cb2017

Greenie
Jul 22, 2017
Wentzville MO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello!
I used to have a buddy I hunted arrowheads with years ago but he passed away and I have not hunted in a long time and he had access to the land.
I was hoping to find some help for hunting areas near Wentzville MO. area. CAn do group hunts or whatever might be available.
Trying to get the kids interested in something other than PC's and games. We have creek along side our house that we find fossils in all the time but we have never found an arrowhead.
Thanks for any help!
Chuck

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Since you posted this in the New Member Introductions Forum - Welcome Aboard Chuck! Those that can help Chuck - please jump over to Looking for help or huntng buddy near Wentzville Mo. (Jul 22, 2017, 02:29 PM)...

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
CB:
Welcome to Treasurenet !!
Regs in your county seem very strict:

Digging and excavation prohibited. No person shall dig or remove any beach, whether submerged or not, or any soil, rock, stones, trees, shrubs or plants, down-timber or other wood or materials, or make any excavation by tool, equipment, blasting, or other means or agency except on written authorization as provided in this Chapter.
Source: St. Charles County, MO County Park Regulations
Have you checked in with any metal detecting clubs in your area?
Don...

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love your idea of getting kids outside and learning what real adventures away from video game fantasies are like! Best of luck and welcome to TNet! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
C

cb2017

Greenie
Jul 22, 2017
Wentzville MO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love your idea of getting kids outside and learning what real adventures away from video game fantasies are like! Best of luck and welcome to TNet! :icon_thumright:
Thanks JavaDroid and everyone else for the Welcome!! I have been taking them caving since they were 5yrs old and one of our favorite places is in Arkansas!

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum, I live just 35 miles west, north west of you. My daughter lives just off hwy. Z 2 mi. south of 70.

Sorry don't know much of caving but Mo. is full of them.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

cb2017

Greenie
Jul 22, 2017
Wentzville MO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum, I live just 35 miles west, north west of you. My daughter lives just off hwy. Z 2 mi. south of 70.

Sorry don't know much of caving but Mo. is full of them.

Thanks ECMO I live just west of the intersection of N and Z! 3mi S. of 70. :icon_thumleft:
Not really looking for caves in this area really looking for places to search for arrowheads or fossils. Just something fairly close!

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ECMO I live just west of the intersection of N and Z! 3mi S. of 70. :icon_thumleft:
Not really looking for caves in this area really looking for places to search for arrowheads or fossils. Just something fairly close!
Lol, after I commented I reread your post than felt folic for what I said. Man you nearly have to be next door neighbors to an old school friend of mine that moved somewhere just west of the quickstore of N&Z he told me.

As for arrow head hunting though Wentzville has grown tremendously, there are still many farms in area if you door knock and ask.

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Edit: felt foolish (folic) lol

OP
OP
C

cb2017

Greenie
Jul 22, 2017
Wentzville MO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Edit: felt foolish (folic) lol

haha all good yep Im about a half mile W from the Mobile station on Hwy N! He might be my neighbor! but I dont live in a subdivision.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread