45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Long, long ago, in a galaxy far far away I was a treasure hunter. Today I have trouble remembering if I ate breakfast. I still think I contribute to others. I had a treasure hunters mind and found my share, until hurricane Katrina toke most of that away. I now find myself with very to do and I would like to help anyone who needs it. Just try me.

Johnny

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from the great state of Connecticut. Do not give up, go back to searching for single coins and jewels and for buried treasures.

OP
OP
45th_Johnny

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This will be the second time i am writing this.

I am 71 years old, have had over 36 surgeries. 7 stints and the doctors keep giving me pills that ether do not work or make it worse. I have helped people find lost treasure that most people have never heard of and will never know they were found. I have found gold in California, no big deal. I have located a brass Civil War cannon for a friend, two states away. I think I know the location of Jim Bowie's cave, not a mine. I have to go every thirty minuets or so. I live on an Indian mound but can hardly see the ground. I lost all of my research material, most of the treasure I have found along with all of my equipment and my house in Hurricane Katrina. Every day I memorize words to a song and sing them the next day trying to sharpen my mind. Tomorrow I may or may not remember what I just wrote. This the second time I am writing it, last time I hit the wrong button and erased it.

Hope I remember how to save this,

Johnny

I still think I can help someone.

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I admire your spirit and strong will, 45th. Stay gold. Welcome to the forum and I look forward to hearing more from you.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Johnny! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Mississippi for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing your story, and we welcome you to our community! There are so many discussions active that your experience will be valuable to our conversation! And please feel free to start some threads of your own! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
45th_Johnny

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for the warm welcome. To: vpnavy, I only exist in Mississippi now, but my heart is still in Louisiana.

Johnny

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Virginia! There are plenty of places and topics to check out and join in.

OP
OP
45th_Johnny

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
During my early childhood, growing up on what was the Chalmette Plantation, (the site of the main Battle of New Orleans) I was told stories of pirate treasures and sunken ships. My grandfather was a Riverboat Captain and he could tell some whoppers. My brothers and cousins and I would go out in the yard and dig for nonexistent treasures and find junk. It turned out we were actually finding items from the battle. Cannon balls, lead shot, copper enameled British unit crest, brass buttons, etc... Not knowing the value of them, they were quickly discarded.

One of my cousins and I would pick pecans at the National Park, one day we went and they were excavating the site of where the U.S. Forces manned the cannons and asked if we could help. The Ranger said yes, but we had to turn over what we found. We agreed and we found a pistol we thought was from the battle. It was a U.S. Colt from the Civil War.

At some point I started collecting the stories and by the time I was 22 I had boxes of them. By the time I was 30, I had a room full of them along with items I had found.

One summer I flew to Sacramento, California to attend classes on prospecting. Went up in the hills and found gold. Later realized I just had to go the Yellow River in Sacramento to find it.

Continuing my education and collection I took more geological classes. After that the sky was the limit. I wrote a book, "Treasure in Louisiana: The Treasure Hunter's Guild to the Bayou State."

Then came Hurricane Katrina and it took everything.

Knowledge is the key.

Johnny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions