jimther

Jul 24, 2017
Eastern Taxachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites SPECTRUM XLT
Garrett PRO-POINTER
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jim here from Boston. I've been detecting for 30+ years and have only owned White's machines (5000D, 6000D, Eagle II SL, & Spectrum XLT), but I did recently buy a Garrett Pro-pointer to replace my MERLIN pinpointer.

I am the club librarian for MTHA (Massachusetts Treasure Hunting Association) almost since I joined the club around 1986.
The club meets in Newton Highlands, Massachusetts on the 3rd Friday of each month.

Currently, I'm looking for a decent Spectrum XLT program that works better in wet saltwater beach sand than my current custom COIN/JEWELRY program, which gets way too much falseing in the wet sand. I don't do a lot of beach hunting, but I can't justify the purchase of a dedicated beach machine or PI detector for the few times I do get to a beach.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jim; This is Ron here. How are you and the fine folks at the Club ?? I miss the folks there but Life Events have prevented me from returning to it. Tell everyone I said hi ok. Take care. PEACE:RONB

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts! :icon_thumleft:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Now I'd say with your location statement here = Taxachusetts and years of involvement in treasure hunting, your years of club involvement, you should get a Charter Membership here, opening up unseen forums and supporting TreasureNet.

Welcome to the knowledge base!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Jim! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Massachusetts for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to have you joining TNEt and look forward to your contributions/insights!

mi77915

Greenie
Nov 26, 2009
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Michigan!!! I grew up in Central Massachusetts. :icon_thumright:

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi ET! I have an XLT and have tried the beach a couple of times and was discouraged by all the false and erratic signals, foil, and pull tabs. I prefer the relic hunting but it would be fun to do some easy sifting at the beach if I could get the detector to behave :). Good question. I hope you get a response!

OP
OP
J

jimther

Jul 24, 2017
Eastern Taxachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites SPECTRUM XLT
Garrett PRO-POINTER
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Jim; This is Ron here. How are you and the fine folks at the Club ?? I miss the folks there but Life Events have prevented me from returning to it. Tell everyone I said hi ok. Take care. PEACE:RONB

Hi Ron, Didn't know you were on this forum. Thanks for the Welcome and will say hi to all at the next meeting.

Jim

OP
OP
J

jimther

Jul 24, 2017
Eastern Taxachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites SPECTRUM XLT
Garrett PRO-POINTER
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi ET! I have an XLT and have tried the beach a couple of times and was discouraged by all the false and erratic signals, foil, and pull tabs. I prefer the relic hunting but it would be fun to do some easy sifting at the beach if I could get the detector to behave :). Good question. I hope you get a response!

Hi Underwonder and thanks for your note about the XLT at beaches. Sorry for the delay on this reply. Went on vacation and got involved with a major project after my initial introduction post.
I may look around for a used beach machine if I decide to do more salt water searching.

Thanks again,
Jim

OP
OP
J

jimther

Jul 24, 2017
Eastern Taxachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites SPECTRUM XLT
Garrett PRO-POINTER
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks vpnavy and all the other fine folks who sent a welcome message. I was a member here several years ago, but due to inactivity, the moderator must have killed my login.
I will check out the sub-Forum: Massachusetts

Thanks again,
Jim

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi Underwonder and thanks for your note about the XLT at beaches. Sorry for the delay on this reply. Went on vacation and got involved with a major project after my initial introduction post.
I may look around for a used beach machine if I decide to do more salt water searching.

Thanks again,
Jim

Good luck with that, Jim...and after hurricane Irma, interesting finds may surface beachside! Keep us posted.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome from the People's Republic of Connecticut!
HH
dts

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions