BoneBag07

Greenie
Aug 11, 2017
Gulfport
Detector(s) used
Looking for my first detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello my name is Tim, and I am wanting to get into metal detecting. I have tried to google laws and regulations about detecting on the gulf coast of MS but am confused. Where am I allowed to detect. Can I detect in state parks or public parks? What about forests? I am a member of a Masonic lodge and wanted to detect around the premesis but am not sure if that is allowed. I would of course ask permission from the lodge officials. Do I need any other permission? Are there any areas you recommend I start? Any other advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated! Thank you
Tim S.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Tim! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Mississippi for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the forum Tim! I'm sure someone will chime in from your area. Best of luck!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the Forum Tim! You can find a lot of information checking the site for your state that vpnavy suggested and seeing if there is a club nearby. Most are good to contact for help and you may even be able to hook up for some hunts. As far as the lodge, you would likely want to check just to be sure and make sure that you take all trash out you find and leave no holes and as little trace as possible. Finding others from your stat will help with what areas are open and what are not for hunting but research will help find out the history and ownership and always get permission on private property. Good Luck!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
B

BoneBag07

Greenie
Aug 11, 2017
Gulfport
Detector(s) used
Looking for my first detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the Forum Tim! You can find a lot of information checking the site for your state that vpnavy suggested and seeing if there is a club nearby. Most are good to contact for help and you may even be able to hook up for some hunts. As far as the lodge, you would likely want to check just to be sure and make sure that you take all trash out you find and leave no holes and as little trace as possible. Finding others from your stat will help with what areas are open and what are not for hunting but research will help find out the history and ownership and always get permission on private property. Good Luck!

Thank you for advice!

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet Tim! You will find a tremendous amount of information, insight, and inspiration here, so keep researching and get out there detecting -- and good luck! :icon_thumright:

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Quebec

Top Member Reactions