New to Georgia

jerseydevil523

Aug 17, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everybody. My name is Scott and I recently moved to the Columbus Ga area with my family. I am new to the online forums and have been detecting for a little over a year. I can definitely say I am still a novice at this point. I look forward to seeing posts about finds around the world and making some friends along the way.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts! :occasion14:

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Scott! You can get a jump start for your area by checking the Georgia forum at Georgia

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Scott! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Georgia for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
jerseydevil523

jerseydevil523

Aug 17, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to thank everyone for the welcome and wish you happy hunting.

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to TNET from north Alabama.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello everybody. My name is Scott and I recently moved to the Columbus Ga area with my family. I am new to the online forums and have been detecting for a little over a year. I can definitely say I am still a novice at this point. I look forward to seeing posts about finds around the world and making some friends along the way.

Welcome Scott, to Treasurenet and to Georgia from a fellow Georgian. I'm from Covington, Ga. just east of Atlanta, but not far enough east. I am a relic hunter and I use the Whites MXT Pro. I see by your avatar that you use the Garrett AT Pro. What type of hunting do you mainly do?

OP
OP
jerseydevil523

jerseydevil523

Aug 17, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the welcome devldog. I'm still fairly new to metal detecting and Georgia so I really don't have a specific item I have hunted for. If I had to decide I would probably pick relic hunting due to my enjoyment of history. How do you like the MXT Pro? My buddy who got me into metal detecting switched from the AT Pro to the MXT and has a lot of success up North.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the welcome devldog. I'm still fairly new to metal detecting and Georgia so I really don't have a specific item I have hunted for. If I had to decide I would probably pick relic hunting due to my enjoyment of history. How do you like the MXT Pro? My buddy who got me into metal detecting switched from the AT Pro to the MXT and has a lot of success up North.
I really like the MXT PRO. I just wish I had more of a chance to go out that I do. I have found some relics in areas with the MXT that have been beaten to death by other detectors. Unfortunately, relics don't reproduce themselves, but I'm confident with the MXT that if I'm in an are where relics were missed, the MXT will find them. I found a grommet last time out in a piece of trench line that had been hunted to death through the years by myself and many others with many different machines. A poncho grommet is not a banner find, but that anything was left, and hadn't been found through the years was amazing to me. Good Luck to you and Welcome to Georgia and to the hobby of Metal Detecting.

OP
OP
jerseydevil523

jerseydevil523

Aug 17, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MXT PRO seems like a really good detector. I know when my buddy was field testing his it has a lot more bells and whistle than mine. He also had similar results of finding things in areas that were hunted out. I figure I need to stick with what I have for now until I get the hang of it and besides detectors aren't cheap. As for your grommet banner, I have been reading a book called Relic Quest. One thing I learned from that book is that it may be a grommet this time, but next time it could be something more. Thanks again for the welcome and maybe we will meet in the field one day.

Last edited:

GRC

Aug 25, 2017
Middle GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Georgia! I have found quite a few things in Columbus. Happy Hunting...

OP
OP
jerseydevil523

jerseydevil523

Aug 17, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks GRC for the welcome. I'm still settling into the area so I have not had a chance to hunt yet, but I am looking forward to it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread