vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Austria (Central Europe) and search for information related to your country.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Howdy from Agawam Massachusetts Stanley,first zip code in the U.S. 01001.:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

OP
OP
L

Legolas

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2017
Steiermark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the lovely welcome, you have been wonderful !!
I'm still looking for the right metal detector, is here in my area where I live not so easy to find the right MD, rather higher mineralization, a lot of coniferous forest, therefore one meets the MD easily where at trees etc ... ,
Here, Celts, Romans, Medieval coins and coins were rather low. A lot of war logs in the woods where one must be careful that it is not a sharp ammunition from the 2. world war. Is not so easy to find the right metal detector.
Glg, Stanley !!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome, Stanley. 🙋 My last name is Oesterreicher...so we have something in common. 😁 If you can access eBay, there are plenty of good deals on there for MDs. I've purchased several excellent working, mint condition machines at half the cost of new there. You don't have to go "expensive" to get started...but you don't want to go "cheap and ineffective", either. You should be able to make some great finds in your area. Best of luck! 🙌

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using TreasureNet.com mobile app

OP
OP
L

Legolas

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2017
Steiermark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I think this is great with the surname österreicher, does the name have to do with your ancestors?
That with the Md on E-Bay is a great tip, I would also the new of Minelab interest as soon as there are experiences.
Depth for coins and good metal separation would be very important. Now comes here the winter and better a bit considered buy than it fits then not wiklich for the area, forest and rather small objects.
Best wishes, Stanley!

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Stanley, happy to have you here, we are coming up on the best time of year to buy a metal detector, January is said to be the best month for deals. all the Best from snowy Oregon.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, Stanley...both my paternal grandparents were born in Austria. I, too, am waiting to learn more about Minelab's newest entry. And what Goldfinger said rings true...prices will drop over the winter. 😁 Keep an eye on eBay.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using TreasureNet.com mobile app

OP
OP
L

Legolas

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2017
Steiermark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks again for the wellcome wishes and the good tips, hope that here in Europe, the price at the detectors in the winter moves down. In Europe, the Md are a lot more expensive and if you ordered in the US, customs, tax, etc. even added :-(
I wish that the new Equinox is good and also the prices moved down.
Here in Europe (especially Austria) everything is a bit tight, bureaucracy ..... and most people are not as open as you are in the US!
You have been wonderful, thank you !!
Greetings, Stanley!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread