Hubbard

Oct 28, 2017
TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning everyone.

Recent empty nester here looking forward to detecting this fall.

I bought an entry level years ago and went out a few times when my sons were young. I have been talking, this morning, with Bart at Big Boys Hobbies about getting a XP Deus. Maybe an early Christmas present if Mrs. Clause agrees.

I live in Middle TN where years of detecting has occurred for Civil War items. I hope to detect on a family farm and at a few remote and generally unknown former homesites in the mountains south of here.

Thanks to tnsharpshooter for some advice and encouragement. I hope to meet up with you down the road.

I appreciate reading everyone's posts. Lots to learn and enjoy here.

Hubbard

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Hubbard welcome to the forum! Tennessee is full of great history and there is still old relics to be found here. I grew up in Nashville and still live in Middle TN. You should look into joining the Middle Tennessee Metal Detecting Club. Lots of great guys from beginner to seasoned hunters. Everyone is welcome, we meet every first Friday of the month at 7PM. Here is the link for more info if you're interested on visiting. Middle Tennessee Metal Detecting Club The next meeting is this Friday Nov.3rd. Hope to see ya there and good luck ya!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to Treasure Net from East Tennessee! I live in Jefferson City Northeast of Knoxville and occasionally get out to Middle Tennessee to visit with my best friend and member here, Limitool (Brad) and his wonderful wife. We try to do some metal detecting on an old two-track wagon road behind their' home and property, target shoot and do some woodworking. Maybe we can meet with you some day and have a great day of metal detecting together.

Frank

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Hubbard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Tennessee for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Nashvegas

Aug 9, 2017
Nashville TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705
Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome. I’m in Nashville and fairly new to this too. Best to you.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello and Welcome from White Plains, New York! :occasion14:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts! :hello:

Oct 22, 2017
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi. I’m in North Alabama as well. Near the town of Cullman. Are you finding anything good or getting permissions?

OP
OP
H

Hubbard

Oct 28, 2017
TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the welcome!

Cotton, my machine gets delivered tomorrow. I can't wait. Christmas comes early.

I have a family farm that I will start with to learn the machine. Well, at least begin to learn the machine.

From there, I have been researching old ('30s & '50s) maps in that area. I enjoy family history and know the area pretty well historically. I just learned this week, by chance, that a large Union unit from Ohio spent the night in the area in 1962. A member of their regiment died that night.

Most land tracts are 100 acres or larger in the area, so, a permission will cover a lot of ground.

I know, generally, of two former home sites in the surrounding mountains that I hope to get permission. That will likely lead me to North Alabama for the permission.

What makes this even more exciting for me is that my paternal line came there in 1802 and that side of the family continued to expand in the same general area. I grew up walking that ground and finding arrowheads. Now it is time to, literally, dig a little deeper.

OP
OP
H

Hubbard

Oct 28, 2017
TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Treasure Net from East Tennessee! I live in Jefferson City Northeast of Knoxville and occasionally get out to Middle Tennessee to visit with my best friend and member here, Limitool (Brad) and his wonderful wife. We try to do some metal detecting on an old two-track wagon road behind their' home and property, target shoot and do some woodworking. Maybe we can meet with you some day and have a great day of metal detecting together.

Frank

I would enjoy meeting you guys and learning from you. Let me know when you are headed this way.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drove through Parkers? Crossroads traveling from Memphis to Nashville a few years back. Got out and learned some history. I bet that spot is a) a hunny hole and b) off limits. But I was sure getting an itch to swing there.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hubbard, welcome. The Deus is a very good machine. It will shine in nail pits and old house sites. The secret to good detecting is not to be afraid to door knock and get permission. Good luck.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Virginia! Sounds like you are set with a new machine, some possible good hunting sites, new friends to detect with and learn with and fun to be had! Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

OP
OP
H

Hubbard

Oct 28, 2017
TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now, it is about trying to find the time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread