can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the forum!
I've done quite a bit of detecting in that region. Lots of old sites, and lots of history.
There used to be a detecting club there. I don't know if they are still active.
Happy Hunting!

Thanks BK!
I wish I could find a club closer than Madison, but sadly i have not found one yet.

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Can Slaw from Southern Virginia. One bit of advise to give to you is when you get ready to start asking permission to hunt private land (Yards,fields) is type and print you up some release of liability forms. I made mine, and offer to give the land owner a signed one when you ask for permission. I have found that I get probably 90% more yeses by doing that because I have released them from any liability if I fall and break a leg. Plus it kind of authenticates who you are and why your there. Hopefully this will get you more yeses closer to home. Good hunting

OP
OP
can_slaw

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome Can Slaw from Southern Virginia. One bit of advise to give to you is when you get ready to start asking permission to hunt private land (Yards,fields) is type and print you up some release of liability forms. I made mine, and offer to give the land owner a signed one when you ask for permission. I have found that I get probably 90% more yeses by doing that because I have released them from any liability if I fall and break a leg. Plus it kind of authenticates who you are and why your there. Hopefully this will get you more yeses closer to home. Good hunting

This is a great idea! Now i know what i will be doing on my lunch break today. :) Thank you lookingharder!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
We look forward to some good pics. Welcome from N.Mississippi and good luck :thumb_up:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread