Greenie
Dec 12, 2017
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello All, Newbie from SE PA here:

I recently retired (June 2017) and have developed an interest in Metal Detection as a new hobby. Just got a BH 505 and have dabbled in the back yard prior to the deep freeze showing up here. Found some change, and the normal junk stuff so far. Can't wait for spring to come so I can find my fortune LOL.

I have been following the forum for a couple of weeks now and am very interested in learning more from you guys. There is obviously a world of knowledge here and I have enjoyed reading about every ones findings and experiences.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome from Texas and lucky for you PA seems to be a silver mine! Downside is frozen dirt, but you have a few months to research finding your fortune!

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from currently frozen North Central Illinois. 🙋

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Welcome from Missouri. I'm gonna try that retirement stuff myself in about 20 workin days (not that I'm counting). Good luck.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Jen from another resident of the great state of PA! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Pennsylvania for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to PA.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet from Virginia! Like RW said, now is a good time to research. The ground is hard so it is a good time to line up some good hunts for when it thaws out. Good Luck!

searching 4

Dec 6, 2017
pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
garret ace 200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome from southwestern pa...been retired about a year now and cant stand sitting around so I got into metal detecting. Got my detectorr 2 days before the deep freeze set in.... i'll just have to wait till it thaws out or maybe rent a jack hammer

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Virginia

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Virginia, Throw it away. it's like crack. You might be just beginning and poke around for a while but AS SOON as you find that first silver coin, old ring etc. your HOOKED. There hasn't been a day in 30 years that Iv'e traveled somewhere and saw a place that I thought "boy, Id'e like to detect that place" Welcome to the counseling room. Hi, I'm lookingharder and I'm addicted.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like a whole lot of Virginia folk came out to welcome you, so I guess I should as well. I don't normally greet new people, only when I get the urge.

Welcome to the addition = both detecting, AND TreasureNet!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jen, Congrat's to you on your retirement, and a Big Welcome to you to the forum here from Georgia....land where the weather doesn't know which season we are in. Best of Luck to you with the BH and here's to many finds when the weather breaks for yhall'.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to this forum!