Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings. I'm also in Harford. Essentially you cannot dig on public parks in the county. Baltimore County does allow it with a free permit. You can get the permit from any Baltimore County Parks and Rec office. Baltimore City allows detecting in most of their parts, but you have to belong to a MD club and need to pay a fee. Harford County schools are ok, but not when there is an activity going on, so essentially only on days off or weekends. Best bets in Harford is to do some research and door knock to find private property to detect on. Cecil county also does not allow it in their parks.

Last edited:

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
P

Pastor Paul

Jan 13, 2018
Edgewood MD.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GC 1028
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you smokeythecat you have helped me a lot! I'll use your information, and get started. Thank's again!!!!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Door knocking and the Baltimore County parks are your best bet locally. I like a couple in Baltimore County, but not the city. So much trash down there in the city, it was near impossible to work the area.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Maryland for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :occasion14:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I understand the state on Md. Has been reclaiming more historical parks and denying any kind of treasure hunting but there are plenty of places to hunt especially private property.Welcome from N.Mississippi and good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread