New green guy

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning,
I am new here and to the hobby (kind of). Since I was a kid, I’ve been digging old trash piles, cellar holes and old dumps without a machine with limited luck. I have owned a couple of really cheap machines just for something to do when at the beach with my family. Anyway, I’m buying a real machine and plan on taking this a little more seriously and would like to find people interested in hunting anywhere in New England. I would also be interested in road trips to the southern states to dig civil war camp sites, and in fact I have a contact that can get me (and some friends) onto a privately owned segment of the cold harbor battlefield in the Mechanicsville area of Virginia. Please pm me if you’d like to get a group together to hunt New England as I get used to my new machine. In the mean time, I will see if I can secure the permission for a late summer early fall hunt in Virginia. Thank you!!!!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome from western NY. Where are you from?

OP
OP
Joe-Dirt

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Virginia!

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m from central Massachusetts, Worcester county, how about y’all?

You shouldn't need to travel far to detect. your area is littered with history

OP
OP
Joe-Dirt

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You shouldn't need to travel far to detect. your area is littered with history

I know it is, but since childhood I’ve been obsessed with the American civil war. I’m also a collector of civil war weapons and can identify most anything to do with period arms and ammunition. But, there is always something that will stump me I’m sure.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Massachusetts for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the addiction from North Central Illinois. 🙋

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts! :occasion14:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum from the Shenandoah Valley of VA! Sounds like you have a good start on hunting and the AT Pro is a good machine! Plenty on here use it and you can always find someone who experience may off up some insights to the best way they have found to set for different situations. Good Luck!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome from N.Mississippi :hello:

OP
OP
Joe-Dirt

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the forum from the Shenandoah Valley of VA! Sounds like you have a good start on hunting and the AT Pro is a good machine! Plenty on here use it and you can always find someone who experience may off up some insights to the best way they have found to set for different situations. Good Luck!
When spring comes, I will need adult supervision�� for my first few days out, anyone in Massachusetts / New England that is willing to help will be compensated accordingly (warm beer, beef jerky,chewing gum)

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome from NW CT!
dts