new member in Mid Missouri

Jan 22, 2018
mid missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All.

a little about me. I live in mid Missouri, I work as a chemist, and am a pretty big nerd.

I'm wanting to get into metal detecting and am in the research stage. I'm researching a beginner detector that will work on land and underwater to take with me when scuba diving, mostly in lakes and maybe steams. Maybe in the ocean when diving on vacations. It'll be mostly used on land though, i just would really like to have the option to take it with me below the waves.

I'm hoping to find a group/club in the area too.

-shredder

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Shredder! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Missouri for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet. I use to live in Columbia, Mo...

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net from Virginia

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you by chance are going anywhere near salt water, and will be diving deeper than 10 feet, research the Excalibur by Minelab. This is a beep and dig machine so I will also recommend the AT PRO for land and FRESH WATER with a maximum depth of 10 feet.
Welcome to the forum from Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from North Central Illinois. 🙋

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts! :occasion14:

I'm also in the nerd club...being a Physicist! LOL :icon_thumleft:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome from N.Mississippi and good luck :3coins::thumb_up:

Nelson01

Tenderfoot
Jan 22, 2018
Covington
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from SE Louisiana. I’m new here and to metal detecting. I just ordered my first meal detector and am anxiously waiting it’s arrival. Looking forward to getting into this hobby and possibly meeting some new people.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum from the Shenandoah Valley of VA! Sounds like you really need to figure out what features the detector must have find the ones that have those and research those. There are some good for land and fresh water from Garrett and Whites but throw in salt water and it is a different story and then you may be looking a whole different type detector. Do you need depth? Do you need a display or not? Good Luck, check out the connections to the Vendors and Manufacturers and see what you come up with. There are plenty of good people on here that can make some good overall recommendations or maybe something that might be a good compromise.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
G
Jan 22, 2018
mid missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't do much salt water diving so If i had to choose between land and freshwater depth or land and salt water depth I'd go with freshwater depth. I only have my open water certification so I'd probably only get about 60ft deep.

As far as other bells and whistles I'm not yet sure what I'd need. I saw an underwater salvage place online that used Fisher Aquanauts. There are some some smaller hand held under water detectors, little more than the pen pointer detectors, that I've seen some people use in youtube videos that i haven't ruled out yet too; like Treasure Products Vibra-Tector 740.

By all means please keep the suggestions coming!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread