Newbie here from Oklahoma

rlpartridge

Tenderfoot
Jan 22, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello. Came across this app/forum while searching for sites related to treasure hunting. I'm from and live in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I'm new to this sort of stuff. I've never done metal detecting or digging or explored a shipwreck but I've been into the idea of treasure hunting for several years. If even for just a story/film idea. It is something I'd actually like to do myself though. I'm not motivated by money or riches, honestly it's just the idea of exploration and adventure. I think the fun is in the searching.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to t-net from Virginia

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome from N.Mississippi and good luck.:hello:

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from North Central Illinois. 🙋

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from NC. Be careful...treasure hunting is a disease!:occasion14:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Oklahoma for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

roy2bears

Aug 15, 2010
cameron,ok.
Detector(s) used
whites tesoro
Howdy , I Live in east oklahoma and I've dug a few million holes there's a club in tulsa I think it's itthc good luck

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the forum from Southern California. You have the right attitude. I lived in Tulsa when I was a kid and used to catch fireflies in the park with my brother. Best of luck!

Last edited:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Claremore, Ok. I just do it for the fun of finding history. I never thought about getting rich. I love the exploration and past history of places. Good luck and Happy Learning.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

OP
OP
rlpartridge

rlpartridge

Tenderfoot
Jan 22, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks all. I definitely need to look around the forum more and read up on legends and your personal experiences. And I suppose I should check and see what else is here in Oklahoma, since I can't really go beyond that right now. There's a local legend here in Tulsa about an alleged treasure of gold hidden by the Spanish somewhere off Turkey Mountain. There's supposed to be a boulder or stone something that has symbols carved into it leading to the location of the treasure. I've hiked Turkey Mountain a good handful of times but I haven't come across the stone with the symbols yet. The legend has apparently been debunked, but I think the stone actually exists. If the picture was legit anyway. I could google it more and maybe find an exact location of it but I kind of wanted the fun of finding it myself. And if I could travel I would love to search for treasure in all sorts of places. Perhaps I romanticize it too much. I am a dreamer, writer, and film lover after all. But being outdoors, exploring, hunting for treasure and doing something out of the ordinary that a lot of people probably just associate with fiction, yeah, that does have a strong attraction for me. I think with all my interests I'm just naturally drawn to it.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TreasureNet Beckie,

The thing about treasure hunting is the lure, the delights you find here and there regardless of having an expensive machine. Even a Tesoro Compadre at less than $200 will find just about as much as a $2000 machine if you just get out and explore. Us nuts don't always come home with a lot, I found a whole penny yesterday - but I was out doing it.

But I know something is waiting for me tomorrow, the next day, or the day after :)

Stay safe, and enjoy your time here.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Summit County, Colorado. I was born and raised in Caddo County, OK.

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Welcome, Oklahoma has many areas to search for different types of treasure.

My brother has a cabin close to Honobia, the region is remote and rugged. Miles and miles of mountain ranges much of the land owned by paper companies.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from the Shenandoah Valley of VA, Beckie! You'll find plenty of interesting things to read about here, info and people with knowledge. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!:icon_thumright:

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Brownwood in central Texas!
~Texas Jay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread