Back Again...

sssmiller

Mar 16, 2016
Ogden Utah, from Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/ AT Pro Pointer/ BH Platinum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a bh platinum pro last year for the wife and we beeped around my yard a few times. Winter came and I packed it up.
I've been watching a lot of MD videos and Im getting hooked. I also binged watched Detectorist on netfix. lol.
Found a detectorist club that meets once a month 2mi from my house. And they were meeting this past Tuesday. I went there. Meet a couple really cool guys that liked to geek out over the hobby. I felt I belonged. Next day I went at it with the platinum pro in a field behind my yard (I think its part of my property) I went at it for an hour. Found a couple old coins, 1970s, a mini maglite and some cool beaver tail pull tabs. I really want to do this. So I ordered a 2nd machine. My V3i. I looked at so many machines from so many price ranges and decided I should invest in a multi freq machine. The V3i ended up being a logical choice weighing the pros and cons.
Well, its 12:30am and Im writing this instead of sleeping. I guess you can figure that out.

David

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Utah for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello and welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

The Whites V3i is a fun machine with lots of user adjustments, a bit of a learning curve, but that is the beauty of the hobby...to learn and have fun! :occasion14:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It beats walking in your sleep. Congrats on the new White and good luck.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
S

sssmiller

Mar 16, 2016
Ogden Utah, from Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Everybody!
I did find a club thats local, about 2.5 mi away! How local can that get! 1 guy there was nice enough to take me out and show me around. He and his partner bottle dig. So I joined in. It was really intetesting on how they scout and probe and then dig right into these pits. We got about 70 bottles, early 1900s on most but a few in the 1800s. Some still had their cork in them! And a hand blown glass light bulb with the filament still intact! The hole was 5 feet deep x 4 feet x 7 feet long. It was cool, but I'm looking for more of a solitude thing. You know, just walk around listening to the machine and losing your sense of time. But to find 70 bottles in 4 hours.... WoW!! 20180414_172028.jpg

OP
OP
S

sssmiller

Mar 16, 2016
Ogden Utah, from Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I realized the great deal I got on my new v3i isnt so new. It was used about a half dozen times, thats why I got such a great deal. Its not here yet. Still in route.
Now I'm stumped. I can get my money back. But I need a detector. For about 250-300 more I could get a used ctx3030 or a new nox 800. I just dont know what to do?
Any help/encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello: Hello and welcome from Southeast Louisiana... "D" Louisiana Flag Emoji.jpg 3rd national emoji.png Bonnie Blue Emoji.png

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi and welcome to the Forum! If you are not sure about the detector, check with some of the guys in the club and see what they hunt with. If you can get your hands on something, nothing beats hands on and anything they can tell you about the points of each unit. There are places on this forum for each manufacturer and most machines to check out some info that members may leave. Search for threads about the detectors you are interested in to see what comes up. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Good Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread