Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By sssmiller
  • 1 Post By sssmiller

Thread: Back Again...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2016
    Ogden Utah, from Hawaii
    Garrett Ace 250/ AT Pro Pointer/ BH Platinum
    23 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Back Again...

I bought a bh platinum pro last year for the wife and we beeped around my yard a few times. Winter came and I packed it up.
    I've been watching a lot of MD videos and Im getting hooked. I also binged watched Detectorist on netfix. lol.
    Found a detectorist club that meets once a month 2mi from my house. And they were meeting this past Tuesday. I went there. Meet a couple really cool guys that liked to geek out over the hobby. I felt I belonged. Next day I went at it with the platinum pro in a field behind my yard (I think its part of my property) I went at it for an hour. Found a couple old coins, 1970s, a mini maglite and some cool beaver tail pull tabs. I really want to do this. So I ordered a 2nd machine. My V3i. I looked at so many machines from so many price ranges and decided I should invest in a multi freq machine. The V3i ended up being a logical choice weighing the pros and cons.
    Well, its 12:30am and Im writing this instead of sleeping. I guess you can figure that out.

David
    Last edited by sssmiller; Apr 13, 2018 at 01:26 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA) Brevard County, FL (USA)
    9352 times
    Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Utah for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.
    We Salute Our Veterans!

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

TreasureNet

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II, Quattro & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    10550 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Hello and welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

The Whites V3i is a fun machine with lots of user adjustments, a bit of a learning curve, but that is the beauty of the hobby...to learn and have fun!

us
    Rook

Nov 2013
    Mississippi
    AT Pro, Fisher F75 Limited, White M6, Lesche hand digger,Lesche Predator shovel.NEL Storm and Tornado coils.
    920 times
    It beats walking in your sleep. Congrats on the new White and good luck.
    Words not spoken never have to be defended

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    15413 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Welcome to the forum from Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800
    4385 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Welcome to TNet David and best of luck!

us
    Ryan

Nov 2017
    Wisconsin
    ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
    468 times
    Metal Detecting
    Welcome from Wisconsin!
    From Wisconsin, Iowa, or Minnesota? Join the group:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gr...s-iowa-mn.html

us
    Mar 2016
    Ogden Utah, from Hawaii
    23 times
    Thanks Everybody!
    I did find a club thats local, about 2.5 mi away! How local can that get! 1 guy there was nice enough to take me out and show me around. He and his partner bottle dig. So I joined in. It was really intetesting on how they scout and probe and then dig right into these pits. We got about 70 bottles, early 1900s on most but a few in the 1800s. Some still had their cork in them! And a hand blown glass light bulb with the filament still intact! The hole was 5 feet deep x 4 feet x 7 feet long. It was cool, but I'm looking for more of a solitude thing. You know, just walk around listening to the machine and losing your sense of time. But to find 70 bottles in 4 hours.... WoW!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180414_172028.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	5.18 MB 
ID:	1578697
    can_slaw likes this.

us
    Eddie

Apr 2013
    La Vergne, TN
    Garrett Pinpointer, White's TRX, Garrett AT Max, White's V3i
    691 times
    Metal Detecting
    Welcome from Middle, TN
    "HAVE DETECTOR - WILL DIG FOR CHEESEBURGERS"

us
    Mar 2016
    Ogden Utah, from Hawaii
    23 times
    Well I realized the great deal I got on my new v3i isnt so new. It was used about a half dozen times, thats why I got such a great deal. Its not here yet. Still in route.
    Now I'm stumped. I can get my money back. But I need a detector. For about 250-300 more I could get a used ctx3030 or a new nox 800. I just dont know what to do?
    Any help/encouragement would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by sssmiller; Apr 17, 2018 at 01:56 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    "D"

Nov 2017
    Southeast Louisiana
    Minelab CTX 3030 & Equinox 800, Fisher Coin$strike, Fisher F44 & Whites Coinmaster.
    49 times
    Relic Hunting
    Hello and welcome from Southeast Louisiana... "D" Name:  Louisiana Flag Emoji.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  2.3 KB Name:  3rd national emoji.png
Size:  1.8 KB Name:  Bonnie Blue Emoji.png
Size:  1.0 KB
    ďFor he is Godís servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out Godís wrath on the wrongdoer.Ē Romans 13:4

"I have fought against the people of the North because I believed they were seeking to wrest from the South its dearest rights. But I have never cherished toward them bitter or vindictive feelings, and I have never seen the day when I did not pray for them." General Robert E. Lee

"My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me, that is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave." General Stonewall Jackson

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Charter Member
    us
    Jeff

Jan 2017
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
    1021 times
    Hi and welcome to the Forum! If you are not sure about the detector, check with some of the guys in the club and see what they hunt with. If you can get your hands on something, nothing beats hands on and anything they can tell you about the points of each unit. There are places on this forum for each manufacturer and most machines to check out some info that members may leave. Search for threads about the detectors you are interested in to see what comes up. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Good Luck!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links