Geetings from West Charlotte, NC. Newbie looking for some help/instructions

May 9, 2018
485 & 27 *across from Mt Holly)
Detector(s) used
Looking
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a retired Design Engineer and am both going crazy at home and doctor says get exercise and to get up an get off my kester. I have always wanted to metal detect/find history and am an avid fan ( much to wife's dismay) of discovery, history channels etc on tv. Right now am looking at a Garret Ace 400 to start with but not locked in. I live in Charlotte right across the river from Mt Holly. Looking for a group or individual who would not mind becoming a teacher to a newbie. Looking for helpful information, some who does not mind a hundred questions, and someone that would like to come an observe a search. Would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading my post
JIM

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to treasurenet. This is great place to meet people in your area. Just keep coming back and someone will help you out soon I’m sure. Take care.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from North Central Illinois. 🙋 I'm sure some of the NC people on here will help you out.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Jim! Take a look at Sub-Forums: North Carolina for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! GL & HH

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Brownwood in Central Texas! My suggestion would be that you join a nearby metal detecting/treasure hunting club in your area. Just a quick search revealed a few from North Carolina and one is based in Charlotte.

Metal detecting & treasure hunting clubs and organizations.

~Texas Jay

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, well, well, what do we have here? A Charlotte based metal detectorist!

There is club that meets the last Tuesday of the month in Matthews. The website is not used much, but here it is:

MDAC - Metal Detecting Association of the Carolina's

We would love to have you in attendance, feel free to mention my name as I get brownie points for that.

I am more than glad to help you out. I will PM you my contact info.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome from Mississippi.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Northern Virginia

Phishfarmer

Feb 26, 2016
Petersburg Virginia
Detector(s) used
Deus, Others
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome from Virginia. If you're going with Garrett go ahead and spend the extra money for an AT Pro or Max. I have an Ace and AT Pro and can tell you from experience to skip the first step. Happy hunting!

OH! And no one is going to want to "observe" a search. If you're lucky you will go hunting with someone and you can occasionally trade second opinions on targets before you dig them. This is just my experience.

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've found a great place for information and fellow treasure hunters -- welcome to our community!

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello: Hello and welcome from Southeast Louisiana... "D" Louisiana Flag Emoji.jpg 3rd national emoji.png Bonnie Blue Emoji.png

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also retired and intend to do more metal detecting. I was active in the 1980's but family & work kept me from having the time to hunt regularly.

If you have any beaches in the area, check to see if they have free admission for seniors. My favorite local beach has free admission if over 60 on wednesdays and they allow detecting; unfortunately, it is closed during the winter. I only go when it is too cold for most beach goers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread