Barbarous Radiate Hoard

shelala93

May 10, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guys,
Nice to see that you're up and running again - I've missed you!
Ever heard the saying "Be careful of what you wish for"? ..... Well for these past 2 years I've been detecting I've been wishing for a spot where the Romans had been a bit more careless with their money - I think I may have just found it - and it far exceeds what I was wishing for.
Got myself another farm to detect on - not too far from the others where the Roman finds have been few and far between. First day (amongst George III, Victoria, etc. not listed here) were 2 Roman Steel Yard Weights, Cooking Pot fragment and a grubby Roman Bronze
And now the real excitement begins.... The coin count to date is well over a 1000, and there may be enough Gray Ware shards to build an entire pot; which the Museum now think is associated with the hoard. And it gets better - About a foot down, They (we) have now found a floor, or a collapsed wall, indicating a dwelling of some sort - so this post will need adding to as the dig continues and the original hoard continues to expand, Unfortunately though, we are now under 2 foot of snow so can't imagine any more digging this week.
Will keep you all informed,
Best wishes.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the Tnet forum from Georgia. Congrat's to you on the Roman finds

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome from Mississippi.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Northern Virginia

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've found a great place for information and fellow treasure hunters -- welcome to our community!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread