wagon55

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2018
Havre de Grace, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett A/T Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy folks! I live in Harford county, Maryland. Been reading a little here and there on the forum for a little while. Was looking for something for my 8 year old daughter and I to do together. Had wanted to try MD’n for a long time, but was, for lack of a better term, afraid of what people thought. You know, the older guy on the beach with Jesus sandals and white socks up to his knees. I have always been intrigued with local and U.S. history and happened to stumble across some of the popular YouTube channels. After immersing myself and my daughter into watching hours upon hours of these videos, I couldn’t stop thinking about it. I finally bought a detector for myself and my daughter back in March. Spent some time in my own yard, some friends yards and my wife’s family farm. Nothing notable to brag about yet, but every time we or just I go out, it’s wicked exciting to me! My daughter on the other hand, if we aren’t finding things, she loses interest quickly. Totally understandable for an 8 year old. Unfortunately, where I live, most of the public parks and such are off limits, and I’ve come to the realization that I’m just gonna have to suck it up and start door knocking and actually talk to strangers. I know once I do it the first time, it will be easy. Just taking that first step is always the hardest. Either way, sorry for the long winded post. Hopefully I’ll be posting some good finds in the near future.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from North Central Illinois. 🙋 Got my younger daughter interested when she was 8, too. But just as my "digger". When she uncovered her first silver, tho...she made Dad get her her own machine. 😁

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Maryland for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've found a great place for information and fellow treasure hunters -- welcome to our community!

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, let's get something straight right off the bat. You're really exaggerating about the socks. They only come up to mid calf.

Welcome to T-Net from a fellow Marylander! I live in Perry Hall near the Big Gunpowder State Park. We're practically neighbors!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome from Mississippi.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A Big Welcome to you to the Tnet forum from Georgia from the land of rain followed by scattered thunderstorms late afternoon, nearly everyday. Best of luck to you and your daughter on your hunting adventures. Keep at it and the treasures will come. We look forward to seeing pic's of some great finds in the near future.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome also from Harford. Around here the best options are door knocking. It works pretty well. Don't hesitate to meander over to Cecil Co. and go get a Baltimore County Parks and Rec permit for both of you. It's not far and you can find some stuff there.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net from Northern Virginia :hello:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :occasion14:

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! There are a bunch of us right around. I am in town but romp around a little. Hope to see you out there. Knocking doors is the way to go. I search in parks on occasion but never find much there.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from the Shenandoah Valley of VA! sounds like you've already got some good advice and maybe you can also look up where old homesites might have been and if on private property, research the owner and looking into access. Also, anyone in the family or friends that may have farm or private property you can get access to. See if you can get old photos of what structures may have been there and no longer standing as places to hunt. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Calvert County MD. Just starting out, you may want to look into local beaches for some easier digging than around homesites - unless the homes are long gone and just ruins or cellar holes surrounded by fields. A lightweight plastic scoop could make it fun for your daughter to sift the dry sand of the upper beach. Look into the rules for the beaches and hit them in the early morning before the crowds and heat get too bad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions