michaelgray71

Jul 4, 2018
Knox county Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Patriot, Bounty Hunter Adventure 5500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, good to see you.
Names Michael and i'm just getting started. After watching youtube vids of hunts it got me interested in starting the hunt myself, and doc said i needed to get out and walk. Been ill so some time and on the mend so no better time than the present to have fun and get exercise, fat boy needs to trim down...lol!
Co-worker sold me a brand new Bounty Hunter Adventure 5500 for $25 that he bought but never used, then i stumbled into a Teknetics Patriot for near half off retail for a new condition unit. So now i'm learning in my yard and researching local history looking for good areas to hunt, once i get permission first of course.
So that's me and wondering how many more might be in my area of Knox county Ohio that would like to hunt? Are you ready, I am.

Michaelgray71

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've found a great place for information and fellow treasure hunters -- welcome to our community!

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from North Central Illinois. 🙋

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Ohio for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the forum Michael! A PinPointer is something to investigate to help you locate the target once you start digging in the hole.
Best of luck!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net from Northern Virginia :hello:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :occasion14:

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello: Hello and welcome from Southeast Louisiana... "D" Bonnie Blue Emoji.png 1st National small.jpg Louisiana Flag Emoji.jpg

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboard Michael! I'm in White Plains, New York. I grew up in Arizona, gold prospecting. The main lesson you need to learn as a new person to the hobby is patience. Take your time. That applies to everything in metal detecting and treasure hunting - even losing weight! Take time to download and study the owners manual of your machines. Take time to make a "practice garden." You dig five or six small plugs about 5" deep. Inside the holes you place 1. new penny 2. an older copper penny 3. a nickel 4. a dime 5. a quarter 6. a pulltab.

LEARN your machine, and learn to trust it. Get GOOD gel kneepads. Try to ALTERNATE your legs when you kneel to dig, or cut a plug. This will keep your muscles even in your legs as you lose weight and begin to tone. Get a GOOD digging tool. Lesche; Predator; Deteknix; Grave Digger. I wear leather gloves from Costco. SLOW your swing down, and grid areas. Do 10'x10' sections of your yard. First north to south, then east to west. LOW and slow. Every inch off the ground, is an inch of depth lost.

LEARN to dig a good plug - it takes a good tool and a little practice. When you find that gold or silver coin - DON'T RUB IT! Use water to wash it off GENTLY.

Have Fun, and Big Gold to you!:skullflag:

Jul 22, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
White's Quantum 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

I'm new to TNet as well and currently detect in and around Central Ohio. You are only about 45 minuted from me so if you want to get out after work or some weekend just let me know.

Good luck out there!

JJ

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from NC! Congratulations on finding the best Treasure site in the world!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread