Greetings from Green Mountain State!

Rick Dangerous

Sep 12, 2018
St. Albans, VT
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, my name is Rick and i'm a 34 year old father of two. After a lifetime of watching movies, and reading books and magazines about treasure hunting adventures, I've decided to live it!

My wife is also very into the idea of it, and so supported my on my recent purchase of a Garrett AT Pro package. I also got a pin pointer, a finds bag, and various digging tools. I have been reading a few books on metal detecting and look forward to getting out there and digging up some pop tabs when my Garrett comes in in a week or so, haha! And maybe a few coins if i'm lucky. I also bought a book about planning an researching treasure hunts.

I am a big believer in forums, and am a member of several from anything from vintage gaming to lawnmowers/snowblowers. I look forward to meeting you all out in the threads and learning from you!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Vermont for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts! :hello2:

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from North Central Illinois. 🙋

dig deeper now

Jul 10, 2013
fulltiming rv'er anywhere in the 48 states
Detector(s) used
Safari MINELAB, minelab pin pointer,lesche left sided teeth ,Lowe's short shovel,12'' sand scoop 5x9 in. 2900 battery
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love your thumbs up BEER MUG. Really cool, been to your state very beautiful in the summer months!!! Welcome , and you live in a great state to find really old coins. HH

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Ann Arbor MI

OP
OP
Rick Dangerous

Rick Dangerous

Sep 12, 2018
St. Albans, VT
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone.

After reading a few books it seems like you want to hunt in places that people have lived the longest (and thus have had the longest time to lose, or cache items.) So Europe is probably the best place to live and metal detect. That being said, New England is like the Europe of the USA, people have been here a long time, so i figure my chances aren't half bad.

I also like (in my area anyway) that metal detecting is somewhat of a niche hobby, so there are a lot of sites that aren't pounded all around me. There is a huge beach for example that I never see folks out on. I plan to take advantage of this, do my research, and hopefully find some cool stuff.

I'm hoping the Garrett AT Pro is a good starting detector that will last me a while. I wanted something mid-grade that would be good for starting out but also take me deeper into the hobby. I like that they are made in the USA as well, which is important to me.

looking forward to getting to it and see you all out in the threads!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net from Northern Virginia :skullflag:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread