Very new novice

RLTW375

Oct 25, 2018
Deep East Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 Special Edition
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was recently given a Fisher F75 by some awesome vets I was with at the hospital doing some major mind and body repair from war related injuries. I know nothing, as Shultz would say, about using my machine. I have been trying to dial it in for a week now and still can't seem to get a clear reading. The machine continually bounces from 3 to 99 in the same spot. Any help on trying to dial the machine in to get the most out of it. I have watched videos, read the manuals, and read articles about the use of my machine. Guess I'm missing something or to many minerals in the red dirt out here. On that note, I bought an old homestead, dating to the 1800's, and believe there is much to be found if I can learn to slow up the "music" the machine continually emits. Thanks ahead of time for any help, tips, tricks and set ups that may be given. Have a great day Hooah.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard RLTW375 and
tn_salute.gif
- take a look at Forum: Texas for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state. When you get a chance - jump over to Fisher Research Labs and browse all the F75 threads.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to Tnet from East TX thank you for your service :icon_salut:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a Forum on Metal detectors and brands that you may find helpful or post in general discussion.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also welcome from Ann Arbor Tommy

cavdetect

Feb 18, 2013
Mt. Laurel, NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet from south Jersey and your property sounds like an awesome place to start

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from North Central Illinois, and THANK YOU for your Service! 🙋

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :occasion14:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net from Northern Virginia :skullflag:

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Howdy Puppy.png Welcome to T-Net from Southeast Louisiana!!! This Site is full of great information, pics & much more, Enjoy!!! "D"

Dragonscout

Nov 1, 2018
Warner Robins, Ga
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO (formerly) - Tesoro Mojave, and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site and more importantly, welcome home, from an old Recondo Scout. Like you I fell into a great machine, a White's MXT Pro. It was kicking my butt as the learning curve was like going Australian off a rappelling tower. After more than a year I was just starting to understand the machine and it's principles. Ultimately I had to give the machine up in order to defray moving costs to move my family back east for my job at the VA. There are tons of videos from some great folks here on this site that are on youtube. I've watched dozens, some more than once. I'm currently looking for a machine and will probably sell my motorcycle to get one since my injuries will keep me from being able to enjoy the ride. But this sport is a great one for your spirit man and mind. As you learn more and especially as you concentrate on the tones and the search you'll lose some of the hypersensitivity and other issues from the battlefield. It will surprise you as you find the concentration on that tone, and finding...that...spot can repair the breach. Time brother and the hunt can do amazing things. I know you can and will bring awesome stories to the site in time. I look forward to it...

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi.

sataro

Jan 16, 2013
Corsicana, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 | Nokta Simplex+ | Tesoro Mohave | Quest Xpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Tnet from Corsicana, Texas!

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've found a great place for information and fellow treasure hunters of all kinds -- welcome to our community!

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, get the owner's manual, read and re-read it, again and again....!
Ground balance on your machine? My Gold Bug Pro needs to be ground-balanced, too,
so yours should start giving you good data....but have fun with it anyway, guess before you dig your target.
Practice, practice...!
Welcome to TNet!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread