Kempster

Dec 4, 2018
Mississippi Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Teknetics Patriot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good evening. I'm 61 and live alone so was looking for something to take up to cut down on some boredom on the weekends and stumbled onto a metal detecting article. A few years back I bought a new Tesoro Compadre and hit the beach not really knowing much. I was just planning to dig everything that beeped. I learned plenty all right. I wasn't prepared at all! lol. My first problem was that I couldn't find some of the metal when I was holding it in my hand. A couple times it ended up being a small speck of rust off a nail. That sent me home quick. Ended up buying an Xpointer so I could at least find what I was digging for and had made a poly shovel with holes drilled in it for the beach (worked well). Found a few coins but lots of trash as expected. I felt kind of funny being out there and to tell the truth it would be a lot more fun if there was someone else to hunt with. I'm a complete newbie but I'm a research finatic so I've got tons of "book knowledge" and tips on how to work the compadre, I just don't have the OJT. I've got about a half hour under my belt at this point metal detecting lol. Fast forward a couple years and I think I'm ready to give it another shot. I think I could really get into it now that I'm a little more prepared. I feel the compadre will be all I need for now to see if it's something I'll stick with before upgrading. I can afford any detector on the market but don't see the need until I learn the nuances make that decision. If you see me beeping around stop by and say hello. Would like to meet you. Wish me luck! Take care and Merry Christmas to everyone.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Mississippi for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :occasion14: You have the right attitude, learn the machine you have and enjoy the fun of the hobby! :icon_thumleft:

Good Luck in you detecting adventures! :hello2:

Junkironkid

Mar 23, 2012
MS
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forums. We we’re all once newbies. I’ve been at it for 12 years now and still learning.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from North Central Illinois. 🙋

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the forum Kempster from Southern California. Great first post and Merry Christmas to you too.
Good luck and Happy Hunting!
Rusty

Dragonscout

Nov 1, 2018
Warner Robins, Ga
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO (formerly) - Tesoro Mojave, and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from middle Georgia! Looks like you're in a great historical area to hunt and if close to the beaches, all kinds of goodies to be found on those beaches. Hope to see some great reports coming in soon!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Be patient grasshopper

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello: Hello and welcome to T-Net from Southeast Louisiana. What part of the Mississippi gulf coast are you from?... ."D"

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome from the Bay state

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max /
Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Iberville Parish, Louisiana.
You've come to the right place, lotsa great information, and good folks here.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet.

CaptnJohn

Sep 4, 2018
SE NC & FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Welcome! I plan to be in your area in the spring~~ so far thinking the Biloxi or Gulf Port areas.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy hunting also hope to see some cool posts soon and great finds

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread