Greetings from the road...

Trailertrash

Tenderfoot
Dec 2, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just joined the forum, out of renewed interest in the detecting/prospecting hobby. My wife and I hoisted our middle fingers at everything we were "supposed" to be doing in middle age, sold everything, bought a truck and 5th wheel, and hit the road. We have been doing this for almost two years, and have no plans to quit anytime soon.
I had a metal detector 25 years ago, a Tesoro Lobo. I never really learned how to make the most of it, as it was stolen from my pickup a couple of monhts after I got it.
Fast forward to last summer, when I ordered an Ace250 from Scamazon. Wife and I have used it for about 50 hours now, and we both enjoy the hunt. Our only gripe with the machine is a lack of adjustable ground balance, and a display that is hard to read with our lousy eyesight.
I just ordered an Equinox 800 from Bigboys Hobbies, and we have been playing with it, getting used to a lot more complex machine.
Like everyone else, we wanted the "do it all" detector. I'd also like two Unicorns, and a thousand shares of Microsoft, from the mid 80's. Lol
Jokes aside, the 800 is a huge upgrade for us, and I am looking forward to getting familiar enougn with it to put it to good use. The Ace will still see plenty of use as well.
Glad to have found this forum. I can honestly say I have learned more by reading about things online, than I ever did in the public school system, and forums like this are invaluable to me.
All for now, I'll jump into posting more when I have more than pulltabs to show for our efforts.
Regards, Kyle

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Kyle and Wife!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TreasureNet Kyle from Southern California. Best of luck to you and your wife.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Oklahoma, So you can drive to any location and play in the dirt...now how cool is that. Good Luck and Happy Hunting

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from North Central Illinois. 🙋 If u find yourselves up this way, PM me and we'll find a place to hunt.

OP
OP
T

Trailertrash

Tenderfoot
Dec 2, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, thanks for the warm greetings, folks. Looking forward to learning all I can here!
We are in Amargosa Valley, NV. for the winter, and there is a lot of history around here. I hadn't planned on upgrading from the Ace250 for awhile, but the temptation was too great! I'm a big believer in "master what you have, before spending more money". I apply that to all my hobbies. Shooting, motorcycles, etc.
That said, I don't follow my own rules all that well, and it sure is a cool machine. We will be very busy getting up to speed on the Equinox, and I feel pretty confident we won't outgrow this pair of machines for a long time.
Remind me of this every couple months, please :)
Regards, Kyle

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :occasion14:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Michigan and dig those pulltabs! Try to watch the series called "Detectorists" on Netflix, very funny!

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello: Hello and welcome to T-Net from Southeast Louisiana..."D"

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy hunting also hope to see some cool posts soon and great finds

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've found a great place for information and fellow treasure hunters of all kinds -- welcome to our community!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions