Metal Detecting around clarkville tn

Matuzak

Jan 5, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all treasure hunters!,
I am new to this site and new to this area, just got stationed at fort campbell and am trying to figure out where to go detecting. i dont have a ton of experience and would really love some pointer for getting permission to go on private land. is just knocking the best way to go about it? and also if theres anyone in my area and tips for where to go? or anywhere you've gone and wouldn't mind if i hit it again? thanks everyone in advance!

Seabees

Jan 3, 2014
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
-Whites & Minelab-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First thing first. Thank you for serving our Great Country. Second, welcome to the site, you found a great place to join/ learn. Third, Tennesse has a lot of hunters you should get plenty of replys here. Good luck in 2019.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Matuzak and thank you for your service! Take a look at Forum: Tennessee for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved ya from METAL DETECTING over to NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS for more exposure.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from MI Tommy

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :occasion14:

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that "Clarkville" or is it "Clarksville"...??? ???

If it's Clarksville...then there's several maps available online that span from 1888 to 1898.Got-Good-Tones

Last edited:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan :occasion14: :headbang:

sataro

Jan 16, 2013
Corsicana, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 | Nokta Simplex+ | Tesoro Mohave | Quest Xpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Corsicana, Texas!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net from Northern Virginia :skullflag:

Dragonscout

Nov 1, 2018
Warner Robins, Ga
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO (formerly) - Tesoro Mojave, and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site brother from middle Georgia! There are quite a few threads with tips on getting permissions and looking for areas. Often, you can even go behind others that have done well and left a good impression by doing the right things like asking permissions and spending time if needed with the owners, farmers or property managers. but check on post if they still have a special services or recreation dept. In the old days, you could go to special services and rent all kinds of recreational equipment for mere pennies sometimes, like complete scuba gear for $3 a day in Hawaii. May you find lots of places in your off time. And from one brother to another, happy hunting on both fronts and welcome to the site!!

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello: Hello and welcome to T-Net from Southeast Louisiana and thank you for your service..."D"

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've found a great place for information and fellow treasure hunters of all kinds -- welcome to our community!

Sep 24, 2019
Clarksville Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Ace 250, Pro Pointer AT, and White's back in the day
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all treasure hunters!,
I am new to this site and new to this area, just got stationed at fort campbell and am trying to figure out where to go detecting. i dont have a ton of experience and would really love some pointer for getting permission to go on private land. is just knocking the best way to go about it? and also if theres anyone in my area and tips for where to go? or anywhere you've gone and wouldn't mind if i hit it again? thanks everyone in advance!

Welcome, I too live in Clarksville and trying to find permissions can be difficult. Not to mention the strict "No Metal Detecting" rules Clarksville has placed on all of their parks/properties leave very little for us around here. Haven't tried the areas around Oak Grove, Lafayette, or Pembroke which are rumored to have some good locations if you can find them.

Have any good luck recently?

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to tnet from Mississippi

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015