Good Day from L.A.

Philo Beddoe

Greenie
Dec 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone at TNet. New member here. I was fortunate enough to meet one of your very active members and treasure hunters from SoCal a couple of years back purely by chance, and he turned me into this site after a lengthy talk about treasure hunting. His knowledge and enthusiasm really encouraged me to do a great deal of reading and finally jump into something I’ve always had a desire to do. I love this site and would like to meet other members in or around SoCal (I’m in L.A./SFV) to share information with and possibly join up with to do some hunting. I know there are quite a few hunting legends and opportunities to pursue from the extensive reading I’ve done on this site. I’ll be browsing around the CA forum section to chat with other local members. Look forward to meeting new people, sharing information when I find it, and overall contributing to this great site. Thank you for letting me be a part of the community and excited to get on to my first treasure hunt.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Philo to T-Net! Say HI to Clyde!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
P

Philo Beddoe

Greenie
Dec 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you SD51 and Digging4! Appreciate the warm welcome.

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
The key to success is actually getting out there and hunting/researching! I never get out, so I just read about everyone else and their adventures. Welcome!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
P

Philo Beddoe

Greenie
Dec 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The key to success is actually getting out there and hunting/researching! I never get out, so I just read about everyone else and their adventures. Welcome!

Thank you for the advice. I definitely intend to get out and begin the journey so to speak as soon as possible. Luckily being in SoCal, we get the benefit of pretty decent weather year round so there won’t be much stopping me from being in the field year round. I’m the participant type rather than spectator or someone who would spend all of the time on the screen rather than out hunting. Research and reading is important, but I’ll never get anywhere if I don’t actually get out and put in the legwork.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Philo Beddoe

Greenie
Dec 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Thank you. I’ll be heading that way in the forum sometime today. Would like to start communicating with other local hunters for information sharing and hopefully some field collaboration and meet ups for hunting.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TreasureNet From Southern California. I’m in the North Orange County area near Seal Beach and like to go to Huntington Beach to hunt those long beaches.
Please feel free to PM for any questions. Good luck Philo!

OP
OP
P

Philo Beddoe

Greenie
Dec 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet From Southern California. I’m in the North Orange County area near Seal Beach and like to go to Huntington Beach to hunt those long beaches.
Please feel free to PM for any questions. Good luck Philo!

Will do and thank you! I know the area well used to cruise my 68 Firebird down to that area before I sold it earlier this year. Great place to live.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan :headbang: :occasion14:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy from Indy

Say hi to Tom Hanks for me

OP
OP
P

Philo Beddoe

Greenie
Dec 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Hawks, Jon, and River Rat. Really appreciate it.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Philo, A Big Welcome to you to the Tnet forum from Georgia. The member you spoke of running in to wasn't by chance Mr. Artie Fact was it? We're glad to have you aboard. The 68 Firebird was a nice car. My first was a 68 Mercury Cougar.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread