Mphares

Jan 10, 2019
Pyeongtaek, South Korea
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone,

I am super happy to join the forums and looking forward to learning a lot from you all. I live as an American expat in South Korea with my Korean wife and three kids. I have lived for over nine years and love every bit of it. I have been metal detecting for about a year and a half and, over Christmas, my wife helped me get graduate to "real metal detector" status with a new Fisher F22. Before then I was using an awful, cheap detector; however, I learned a lot from the machine. Now I use the F22 and the children are learning the ropes on the cheap one.

I do most of my detecting on the beaches here in Korea, but when the ground thaws this coming spring I will be taking to public Korean War battlefields/mountains to find stuff from the war. I am also an expert in Korean coinage and am very active in the Korean coin collecting community. I hope to be able to help any of you with Korean coin (and banknote) questions. Not to self-promote, but I also make YouTube videos on Korean coins and metal detecting in Korea if you want to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqmlPAvTm9hAD7agtd1j3A

Hope to learn a lot!
Michael

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Michael to tnet from Ann Arbor MI Tommy

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
careful where you sink that shovel over there.....

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent a long time in your area, and at that time it was called K-6. We had a Signal outfit located there. They also had a long metal runway there.

sataro

Jan 16, 2013
Corsicana, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 | Nokta Simplex+ | Tesoro Mohave | Quest Xpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Corsicana, Texas! Visited that country back in 81 while stationed at Kadena AB, Okinawa.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Mphares

Mphares

Jan 10, 2019
Pyeongtaek, South Korea
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeap! That outfit (my office) is still there and so is the runway, but its asphalt now. The base is huge as well. It has expanded up to 3x its size from when I first got here in 2007.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan :occasion14: :headbang:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts! :occasion14:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeap! That outfit (my office) is still there and so is the runway, but its asphalt now. The base is huge as well. It has expanded up to 3x its size from when I first got here in 2007.

I was there in country for 12 years and I worked at the Signal Hq in Camp Coiner in Seoul (Whu Am Dong) My home was in Ha nam dong. My years was all the 60s and a couple of the 70's. I was one of the few that had a car. Oudie pween is han guk.

Dragonscout

Nov 1, 2018
Warner Robins, Ga
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO (formerly) - Tesoro Mojave, and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site from middle Georgia. As an Army vet and history nut I envy you in your environment, both historically and socially. From one dad to another, you're AWESOME!! Getting the kiddos involved, gives a bond and confidence to them that can't be matched. Their friends will also be exposed to a whole new world of curiosity and exploration. We need more vets, Dads and husbands like you. I'll have to watch some great videos of historic, cultural and civic finds as you share, especially with the long, unfortunate history of conquest attempts of such a great people. I look forward to the continuing great finds by you and especially your kids!!

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome Banner.gif

T-Net from Southeast Louisiana... "D"

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've found a great place for information and fellow treasure hunters of all kinds -- welcome to our community!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread