Long time lurker

RICH G

Feb 17, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a long time lurker, been detecting for a few years here and there on the Olympic Peninsula of Washington State. Never found much accept lots of clad and old junk. I figured I should register as I am going to start detecting an interesting site today which may yield some good stuff.

I have permission to detect a 1900 8 bedroom brothel/inn, saloon, which was in operation until the 1940's. It has had 4 owners and is still a hotel. The current owner has no knowledge it has ever been detected. The saloon was in the basement. Half of the basement has a dirt floor the other half in concrete. I am going to start in the dirt floor portion, the saloon has not been in use since right after prohibition. There is a huge grounds area with a court yard, flower beds and lots of fruit trees.

I have a Tesoro Compadre, 5.5 inch coil. Maybe this will be the site which yields some historic finds. I will likely spend months or years at this site.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania.
Keep an eye out for some "3 Merry Widows" tins. lol

Timecop67

May 22, 2017
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Orx, Teknetics 8500, Treasure Baron with Gold Module
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a long time lurker, been detecting for a few years here and there on the Olympic Peninsula of Washington State. Never found much accept lots of clad and old junk. I figured I should register as I am going to start detecting an interesting site today which may yield some good stuff.

I have permission to detect a 1900 8 bedroom brothel/inn, saloon, which was in operation until the 1940's. It has had 4 owners and is still a hotel. The current owner has no knowledge it has ever been detected. The saloon was in the basement. Half of the basement has a dirt floor the other half in concrete. I am going to start in the dirt floor portion, the saloon has not been in use since right after prohibition. There is a huge grounds area with a court yard, flower beds and lots of fruit trees.

I have a Tesoro Compadre, 5.5 inch coil. Maybe this will be the site which yields some historic finds. I will likely spend months or years at this site.

Hello, that's great you have unlimited access to such a historic place. The majority of time a detector owner has to work fast and hard because time is limited. I would work on pulling the shallow junk items out first since you have the time and work downwards.....and if you have access to a larger coil put that on later once you have cleared the top layers.

Seabees

Jan 3, 2014
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
-Whites & Minelab-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the form. You should find lots of goodies there, but don't get discouraged when you pull up a lot of junk. Persistence is key. There are many tnet'ers on that side of the state along with a few clubs if your looking for some advice or company. Best of luck. Will be wait for an update in the near future.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net from Northern Virginia :skullflag:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing what you get!

Good luck.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Washington for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

HIGHSTRUNG

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2019
Camden SC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS 9" HF Coil, Garret Pro-Pointer, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome from SC

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! Good Luck on the Inn hunt! :occasion14:

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from upstate NY, Wish you the best on your permission, hope u pull some real goodies out of there

tahomatom

Sep 3, 2013
Sutter Creek, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000di pro plus
Whites id beach hunter
Got rid of the Minelab pointer,
Then got a Garrett. Much better pointer.
Minelab Xterra 705
Ibuprofen
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rich,
Welcome to the net. I'm a recovering lurker myself and this is a great place to see what others are finding or questions you may have. Look for old priveys, closeline attachments to trees ,buildings and especially the parking areas as many of the customers were enlightened when arriving & departing. Also close level ares where someone might have slept it off around buildings.
Good luck, it's not the treasure but the journey.
Tom

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet hope to see more of you!!!Tommy

Rookster