New Guy from Massachusetts

Upham

Feb 27, 2019
North Attleboro, MA
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, AT Max & ATX (new)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone! I'm Upham, my middle name. I'm from North Attleboro, Massachusetts. I started metal detecting in 2016 and I'm addicted to it. I mostly hunt in the woods around my area. I don't find a lot but I really enjoy it. My passions are bow hunting backpacking and metal detecting so I usually combine all three at one time. A few weeks ago I got my pack on and grabbed my detector and went shed hunting/metal detecting. I found one old shed and a 1911 Barber, a 1917 Merc., a couple crusty wheaties, ox shoe and an ox knob. That's unusual for me though. Anyways glad to be here and hope to make friends!
Bob
barberandmerc.JPG

Last edited:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet and nice start with the coins!
I grew up in neighboring Taunton in the 50's - 60's. I think hunting the woods in your area is a good idea. Many of the old parks, camping areas, beaches, etc. that were gone before me, are now completely forested woods. I'd be looking to hunt any eroded area in those woods. Good luck!

HIGHSTRUNG

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2019
Camden SC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS 9" HF Coil, Garret Pro-Pointer, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds and welcome from SC!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :occasion14:

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
You got any shed pics? There should be a Nature's finds section for sheds...mushrooms..etc. If there is IDK about it?

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Northern Virginia :skullflag:

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome from Texas.

OP
OP
Upham

Upham

Feb 27, 2019
North Attleboro, MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got any shed pics? There should be a Nature's finds section for sheds...mushrooms..etc. If there is IDK about it?

I like all that stuff. I'm a regular nature boy! No pictures of sheds right now but maybe mushrooms I'll have to check later. I'm at work right now.
Up

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Hey. RI here. Another New England Relic Hunter. Woot woot

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan :occasion14: :headbang:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Upham,
Is there still a zoo in Attleboro and do they still do the July 4 fireworks there? We used to get dragged there as kids in the late 50's - early 60's and I hated it. The poor captive animals would shriek in terror at the fireworks. I would just sit there with my arms crossed, scowling at the stupidity of it all and dream of liberating them and repatriating them to their native habitats. That idea was one of my best dreams and young life fantasies. I remain disappointed that people could be so stupid as to terrorize those poor animals every year like that.

OP
OP
Upham

Upham

Feb 27, 2019
North Attleboro, MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Upham,
Is there still a zoo in Attleboro and do they still do the July 4 fireworks there? We used to get dragged there as kids in the late 50's - early 60's and I hated it. The poor captive animals would shriek in terror at the fireworks. I would just sit there with my arms crossed, scowling at the stupidity of it all and dream of liberating them and repatriating them to their native habitats. That idea was one of my best dreams and young life fantasies. I remain disappointed that people could be so stupid as to terrorize those poor animals every year like that.

Yeah, Capron Park. I don't know if they still do fireworks though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread