Hi , First time on this site. My name is Wayne H.

Wayne H.

Mar 16, 2019
La Vernia , Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never used a metal detector and would like to try my hand at it. I know almost nothing about it like how important is the KHZ# for a detector? I am thinking about Teknetics Omega 8500, I like the price and I would not be happy with a cheap detector.I don't mind taking time to learn on a better machine. Iwould welcome your thoughts,Thank you Wayne H.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I had the Omeaga 8500 and thought it to be a great little detector but after using the Minelabā€™s my thought is to recommend the Equinox 600 or 800.
Opinions will vary of course and most modern detectors are good choices as they all will find a target. Thatā€™s where it ends.
Where are you planing to use this detector? If itā€™s the beach and shallow water then the Equinox is a good recommendation. If youā€™re hunting heavy iron and cellar holes I would then recommend an XP Deus.
There are other great detectors out there from Garrett, Whites to First Texas products.
Go to YouTube and see whatā€™s being used and how itā€™s being done and you can get a fairly good idea of your first step and direction. Good luck!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I wanted to add that I really liked the Teknetics EuroTek Pro. Very simple operation, fast and did very well. Good luck!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A Big Welcome to You to the Tnet forum from Georgia and best of luck to you on your choice of MD's.

Kype

Mar 4, 2019
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tejon/Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome. I'm new to the treasure hunting scene as well. I like my Garret AT pro and my tesoro tejon.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome. I'm new to the treasure hunting scene as well. I like my Garret AT pro and my tesoro tejon.

Keep that Tejon close to you = protect it. The Tejon is a forever keeper.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :occasion14:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Texas for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

ConshyBoy

Sep 11, 2018
Conshohocken PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000 Garrett Ace 400 BH Tracker 4 Vulcan 360 AT Pro Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Conshohocken Pa. where itā€™s St.Patricks Day 365 days a year

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan :occasion14: :headbang:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net from Northern Virginia :skullflag:

sataro

Jan 16, 2013
Corsicana, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 | Nokta Simplex+ | Tesoro Mohave | Quest Xpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Corsicana, Texas!

Rookster