Hello all!!

Mosler

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greg here from central Pennsylvania, I hope everyone is well :)
While looking for information on an antique Mosler safe I bought recently I came across this forum.
The serial number, 258***, dates it to around 1913. I'd like to find out as much information as I can.... how much it might weigh, value, etc.....

Attachments

• 20190317_165914.jpg
    20190317_165914.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 38

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome from Texas. For that size should be 800-1200 lbs

OP
OP
M

Mosler

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Texas. For that size should be 800-1200 lbs

Wow. Ok, thanks.... not sure that is what I wanted to hear lol
Moving it will be a logistical nightmare, ugh.
I bought it for $100, it's in a building that's been sold and was a financial institution. It hasn't been opened in over 50 years and no one knows what's in it.
I should have it open next Saturday when a locksmith friend of mine can come over and take a crack at it.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :occasion14:

Good Luck on the opening! :tchest:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greg here from central Pennsylvania, I hope everyone is well...
tn_md.gif
1st - Welcome Aboard Mosler from another resident of the great state of PA! Take a look at Forum: Pennsylvania for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to PA.

......how much it might weigh, value...
tn_link.gif
2nd - I searched Google and found a similar one with a price...

1.jpg 2.jpg

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It weights more than u think. Good luck and Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Northern Virginia :skullflag:

HIGHSTRUNG

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2019
Camden SC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS 9" HF Coil, Garret Pro-Pointer, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome from SC!

sataro

Jan 16, 2013
Corsicana, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 | Nokta Simplex+ | Tesoro Mohave | Quest Xpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Corsicana, Texas!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet from Mi Tommy

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello: Hello and welcome to T-Net from Southeast Louisiana... "D"

OP
OP
M

Mosler

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - Welcome Aboard Mosler from another resident of the great state of PA! Take a look at Forum: Pennsylvania for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to PA.

tn_link.gif
2nd - I searched Google and found a similar one with a price...

VPNAVY, Thanks! I'm pretty familiar with eBay and looked but somehow missed this one!
Do you have an item number for it? I'd like to see if there are any other pictures, etc...
I would have replied sooner but never received a notification about your reply.
Thank again!

OP
OP
M

Mosler

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know that I'll ever be able to afford to send the safe to these guys for a full restoration but man they do nice work!!

OP
OP
M

Mosler

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had a recently retired locksmith friend of mine come out twice with no luck after about 8 hours trying to manipulate the dial.

Locksmith: 0
Safe: 2

To be continued....

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mosler, A Big Welcome to You to the Tnet forum from Georgia. That is a great looking old safe. If I could make a suggestion, you could contact Geraldo Rivera. This could be one of Al Capones secret vaults. Geraldo could meet you with a film crew and pre empt all local programming and give updates until the safe is opened. Lol Seriously, I hope your friend can get this open and you find some sort of treasure inside tucked away. Just curious, where do you plan on storing this? Best of luck to you and let us know what you find inside.

OP
OP
M

Mosler

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mosler, A Big Welcome to You to the Tnet forum from Georgia. That is a great looking old safe. If I could make a suggestion, you could contact Geraldo Rivera. This could be one of Al Capones secret vaults. Geraldo could meet you with a film crew and pre empt all local programming and give updates until the safe is opened. Lol Seriously, I hope your friend can get this open and you find some sort of treasure inside tucked away. Just curious, where do you plan on storing this? Best of luck to you and let us know what you find inside.

I plan on storing it in my garage until I sell it, it would be almost impossible to get the thing into my house and even if I did I'd have to brace the floors first.
I don't know if you saw the video I posted of the restored safes done by the California company "Mantiques" but they look incredible. This safe is too large to restore, in my opinion, simply because I wouldn't want something like that sitting in my garage.
But I would LOVE to find a smaller one, maybe 31" or a little smaller, and restore it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread