sataro

Jan 16, 2013
Corsicana, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 | Nokta Simplex+ | Tesoro Mohave | Quest Xpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Corsicana, TX!

Don't let the age/weight issue slow you down. I'm in the same boat as you. 61, overweight, arthoritis in both knees. I just get down on the dirt & dig, then work my way back up. Joined weight watchers & working on the weight issue. Not much help on the age issue.

CoinCidence

Oct 4, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm trying to get back into metal detecting again with my Garrett Ace 350 and pin pointer. There used to be a club in Round Lake, Illinois I attended a few times a couple of years back but I think it dissolved. I would like to find out more about attending a metal detecting club in Northern Illinois without having to drive to Chicago (but maybe). I like many others don't know where to go in Lake County, Illinois and would be welcome to feedback on this. Being in my mid 50's and overweight somewhat bending down and getting up is not great for me but working on that. Welcome to all responses about a club and where to legally search at.

Tim

Welcome,

I’m in the Round Lake area. Please post if you find any local club or places to hunt.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tdg8934

Greenie
Jun 7, 2019
Ogden, Utah
Detector(s) used
Garret GTI 2500, Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I certainly will reply with locations in Mumdelein and surrounding areas but so far due to weight issues getting up/down and limited on knowing where to go, it’s been really slow for me but I hope to motivate myself further as I really love this stuff. I have another post where I have contacted the Mundelein Parks and you are free to search but they say no digging so it limits you to coin popping or being careful with a small digging device - no large shovels in sight to draw attention. I suppose by water pond/lakes might be ok also. I you wNt to go out sometime, let me know. Tim

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aslo sent FR hope to see you soon postings.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me know if you need help reseaching your area Im going to be researching maps to provide to tnetters

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Snap on Man

Apr 15, 2012
Tupelo, Ms
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5- Teknetics T 2 Classic w NEL Sharpshooter coil - Whites TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You live in a very unique area. Plenty of parks and many miles of Lake Michigan shore line. I lived in Waukegan and the Kenosha area for 44 years. I did not metal detect back then but I sure wished I did now.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also sent a FR hope you accept I like to share my finds and experiance. Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread