Dell Winders

Dell924

Jul 12, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My name in Maria and I'm the daughter of Dell Winders. My father has been a member of this site for a while and I understand that he has a few friends here. As you may know, my father has had health issues for a long time. He was taken to the hospital yesterday and is not expected to last much longer. Hospice is now involved to help keep him comfortable until the end. He will be moved from ICU to a room. Unfortunately, I live in another State and am unable to be with him when he needs family there. I will keep you updated and I want to thank you for being his friends.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Maria. Let me say I know your dad. Let me also say we were on different sides of the LRL debate. I will put that aside for now and hope his passing is quiet and peaceful. I went through the same thing a year ago with my twin. I know how you feel. I will pray for you. Tnx for telling us. Terry

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Maria ! I Felt Bad Liking your Post :( But did it out of respect for You.
and Appreciation for Keeping us Updated ....

"Hoping" For a Miracle From his Doctors ! They are really Miracle Workers These Days :coffee2:

Jeff

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aslo sent FR hope to see you soon postings.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :icon_thumleft:

Very sorry to hear about your father. I will pray for him tonight.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God Bless Dell Winders. My prayers go out to him.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sorry to here about your dad.

OP
OP
D

Dell924

Jul 12, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My father has had many disagreements with many people on a variety of subjects. I know how difficult he can be. Thank you for your kind words.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May he find peace and IHC's in heaven. He will be in my thoughts today

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear of his passing Maria. My prayers to you and the family.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about Dell, Maria. You're in my prayers.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a lot of you know, Dell & I had very "spirited" disagreements right here on these forums. Several years ago I told Dell I was done, and despite my skepticism toward LRLs I would no longer engage with him on the forums. We agreed to disagree and let it go.

Last November I was in Tallahassee visiting family so I drove down to Auburndale and dropped in on Dell, very much uninvited. I was shocked at Dell's living conditions; he was a half-step from homelessness, living in a cargo trailer. The door was open, I knocked and he said "come in." He had no idea who I was, and when I introduced myself he was absolutely floored. We shook hands, buried the hatchet, and I stayed the rest of the day with him talking treasure, dowsing, Big Pharma, and lots of other things. I ran out for some food, and gave him some other assistance. When I left that evening it was with the sad realization that a man with an incredibly fascinating life was destined to end it alone and destitute. I've been wanting to get back for another visit and just a week ago I called the RV park where he lives to check in on him. Everything was fine, but it appears that he took a sudden turn for the worse.

Maria, if Dell is in any condition to take visitors perhaps you can post his hospital information. I would urge anyone in the Central Florida area to give him a visit, I'm sure he could use a friendly face. I wish I could have spent more time with him.

- Carl

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maria, many thanks for the information. So sorry to hear of his condition. Prayers for you and family.
Song OF Solomon Ch. 2: 8-13

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My hat comes off to you, Carl. It does my heart good to know it ended on a good note between you and him. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread