Liberty5601

Greenie
Jul 20, 2019
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter & Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to all of the fellow treasure hunters on TreasureNet.com.
I'm new to the site, so I'm sure I'm going to be asking for help sometimes.
I live in Oklahoma City, Ok, and have dabbled with multiple family genealogy processes. Having heard rumors of hidden treasures for years, I've decided to up the anti so to speak and begin a new hobby. I use to collect old west cowboy items, some Native America items and other old coins.

I started with the junior version of detectors, Bounty Hunter and early Garrett, but would like to up the power and technology.

I've found a Fisher CZ5 in excellent condition, along with a Whites MXT detector. This individual is asking $400.00 each, and I feel that his 1992
CZ5 is too old and not worth the $400.00. It's definately better than what I have but I've been burned on older units before.

I'm willing to listen to others out there to the thoughts of what level and manufacture of unit to start with, and what their thoughts are on these
other used units (Fisher CZ5 & WHITES MXT).

Thanks for reading, reviewing, and the great welcome to the site of TreasureNet.com.

Respectfully, Liberty5601 (in Oklahoma)

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't discount older units completely.

I still occasionally use my Fisher 1260X I purchased in 1984. It is a very capable machine when I compare it with my other much newer and "improved" units.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome!

Nothing is good without a good demonstration. And understanding of it's use of course.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :icon_thumleft:

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've found a great place for information and fellow treasure hunters of all kinds -- welcome aboard mate! :skullflag::occasion14:

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to T-Net!

We love to see focused photos of things you find or have questions about.
Good Luck!

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan
:occasion14:
:headbang:

OP
OP
L

Liberty5601

Greenie
Jul 20, 2019
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter & Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, I'm retired but not totally ready to quit doing things so I hope to be able to vheck out a few spots in northwestern Oklahoma before I or my sources become some
one elses buried artifact.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
You have entered a very new and interesting world from your past adventures. We take a lot of butt whipping, we jump into a lot of interesting adventures.

AND WE ARE ALIVE in this adventure... I'm one heck of a lot younger than my calendar years - just because I still "believe" in treasure.

Stay safe, and believe in tomorrow's next best find. May take years to accumulate wonderful things - but YOU WILL if you stick with the adventure in front of you.

OP
OP
L

Liberty5601

Greenie
Jul 20, 2019
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter & Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once worked with a person whom found two percusion type rifles smeared in hog fat, wrapped in a 1800's quilt and stuffed into the center of a hollowed remaines of a large tall pine tree in northeastern Arkansas in the early 1960's. And [n 1992 I was able to purchase the remains of a Sharps rifle that had been recovered by a relative while he was hunting Antelope on the Kansas plains of far western Kansas. Relics are there, you just have to get off the beaten path and slow down with eyes open....

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Oklahoma for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aslo sent FR hope to see you soon postings.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard from Northern Virginia :skullflag:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread