New Membership for an old member

KeepingitCool

Greenie
Jul 17, 2019
Gila County
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello Treasurenet members , It is nice to be back in the circle again . I was avoiding the inevitable but I knew one day it would be necessary to go through with all the form filling and submitting that comes with opening a new profile on any website. It would be nice if i could go on without having to try to remember user names and passwords because they ere never lost or they were always recoverable but It happens and did happen with my former profile on this site (albertcus59) and so I havent been able to post replies to anyone for some time. That and the fact that there was no new progress to report on either of the threads I had posted . But there has been a new development on one of my posts and That is why I went ahead and opened a new profile so I could make an announcment to all those members and followers of the thread " Another piece to the puzzle? Never before seen Peralta stone." which I posted several years ago in an attempt to gather information and interest in a stone that was found by a friend of mine on a hill not far from his house outside the town of Superior Az. I uploaded some pictures of the stone and it didnt take long before I had responses from members offering remarks, advice, and comments. It was an interesting journey as I read through and tried to respond to the posts that were made in reply to the thread and I was busy deciding which way to procede . Eventually as the stonses enigmatic symbols meanings failed to be deciphered , the trail grew cold and I was unable to make any progress. I would revisit the site even after having become an ex-active member and simply an interested third party. I hoped that somehow someone would reply with information that would break that mystery wide open. But it was not to be. I grew weary of the chase and persued other more promising prey. I had some ideas that I would kick back and forth with anyone that seemed half interested but they were simply not getting me anywhere. At this point let me say that if you are confused as to what the hell I am talking about and are wanting to see this rock for yourself simply click on the search box and type in "Another piece to the puzzle? Never before seen Peralta stone. and find the thread I started and view the pics posted there. There are ten pages of posts and replies to read from and that will get you to where we are on this thread.
One day as I tinkered with the satelite view of Google Earth , and overlooked the area that the rock was when Ollie found it, I caqme up with an idea that I thought might get me back on the trail of the treasure that I was convinved was the end point for the rocks undecipherable markings. Since It was clearly a trail that was shown by the dotted line on the rocks crudely made drawing of the natural skyline which I myself had witnessed from the location of the rock original position I knew the trail marker would have a certain number of dots in each leg of the maps trail. The exact distance represented by those dots was the problem. I thought what if I use a value that is too small the result would put me in an area too close to the original position of the stone. What if I use a value that is much to high? That would put me in an area further awaay from the rocks original position . But so long as I have the button hook shaped trail oriented properly as shown by the map carved onto the rock then the resulting end point from small value to large value will show as a line that would at some point cross the actual end point that that map was pointing me to. I made 2 button hook shaped overlays using the porportions as close as possible to the one of the stones map. One small and one large and placed them on the satelite view from google earth. Then I drew a line between the end points of the buttonhooks,. This gave me a large search area but still it was greatl narrowed down . Next using the satelite view I began studying the land along this line and tried to look for any kind of clue that would say "here I am". Hmm...., what would remain of any human activity as a sign that might be visible by the satelite. It was actually easier than you might think since that area was pretty much nothing but mesquite and cactus. I found what looked like an oasis with trees and lush green grass and this I thought could be a clue because the one main thing anyone that would mine in this desert nviroment would need the most would be water. I studied the surrounding area and noticed the dirt in an area not far from the oasis looked to have a rust or reddish tint. This I know is a sign of mineralization in the area. It seemed like a posssible and logical assumption that this could be the area of the mine the stone or trail marker was indicating . Now it would be necessary to go and put it to the test and actually see it with my eyes. Thats what I did.
To find out what happened and read the conclusion to this thread go to the thread started by myself under my first user name "alberticus59" " "Another piece to the puzzle? Never before seen Peralta stone." Thank you.
A.P. Curiel July 21,2019

Remember: "When life is throwing you nothing but poop, make poop sandwiches"

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've found a great place for information and fellow treasure hunters of all kinds -- welcome back aboard mate! :skullflag::occasion14:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_teacher.gif
KeepingitCool - your other account is still available. If you can get to the E-Mail Address you used when you created your other account - Lost Password Recovery Form...

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome and thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you had contacted mods we could have possibly helped you. Do you have access to your alberticus59 email address you signed up under?

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

KeepingitCool

Greenie
Jul 17, 2019
Gila County
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Treasure Hunter, unfortunately the email address profile was unrecoverable due to the fact that the phone number that was originally given as a contact number had been abandonned and was no longer available to send the code which would have allowed me to view the email from treasurenet with the code to unlock my " alberticus59" profile. I had to open a new profile with my email server first then I could start the new treasurenet profile. It was actually not that big of a deal. I must take this opportunity to say that although the convinence of having almost the complete knowlege accumulated by human kind at our fingertips makes our lives very much richer , the dread I feel when I realize I cant remember or locate the password for an account or profile makes me not want to fight with the page after web page of forms to be filled out and simply go back to the simpler times . .............., "I believe we may have created a monster, and he is us!"

If you had contacted mods we could have possibly helped you. Do you have access to your alberticus59 email address you signed up under?

OP
OP
K

KeepingitCool

Greenie
Jul 17, 2019
Gila County
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you P of E, and you are welcome. I am glad that I was able to bring that thread to a conclusion, and I hope to be able to contribute to the body of knowlege we have about the subject of historic mines and miners that lived and worked in the copper corridor of arizona.

Welcome and thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

OP
OP
K

KeepingitCool

Greenie
Jul 17, 2019
Gila County
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Unfortunately you hit the nail right on the head . The email account used when I created that account is unrecoverable because I no longer have the same phone number. Aint that a kick in the pants.

tn_teacher.gif
KeepingitCool - your other account is still available. If you can get to the E-Mail Address you used when you created your other account - Lost Password Recovery Form...

OP
OP
K

KeepingitCool

Greenie
Jul 17, 2019
Gila County
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you java the droid, you've made this salty old dog feel more welcome than an early spring day. "Cheers......, heres to you and heres to me, and if by chance we disagree , heres to me"

You've found a great place for information and fellow treasure hunters of all kinds -- welcome back aboard mate! :skullflag::occasion14:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012