Oct 12, 2019
Bulgaria
Detector(s) used
I do not use a metal detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello
Greetings from Bulgaria
I am in search of gold deposits. Unfortunately, gold has been mined in Bulgaria for over 3000 years. Thracians, Romans, Byzantines and Turks have been developing gold deposits in Bulgaria.
There is still gold but it remains in difficult and inaccessible places.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :occasion14:

Samanthy

Apr 22, 2018
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White‘s Sierra Madre
White‘s TM–600
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Try looking in the Rhodope Mountains. Check the streams for placer gold.

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome from Texas USA :wave:

OP
OP
V

Valko553

Tenderfoot
Oct 12, 2019
Bulgaria
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The oldest gold treasure in the world, only excavated in 1972, was not found in Mesopotamia or Egypt, the earliest written civilizations in human history. To everyone's surprise, it was discovered in northeastern Bulgaria, near the attractive, modern city of Varna and is more than 6000 years old ... "

*Prof. Colin Renfrew, Southampton, UK

It was discovered in the Chalcolithic necropolis of Varna. It dates to the end of the 5th - the beginning of the 4th millennium BC. The finds from Varna gold are believed to be the oldest technologically processed gold in Europe and the world. Refers to the so-called Cultural Varna (4400 - 4100 BC). 294 Chalcolithic (Eneolithic) graves have been discovered. It was excavated and explored for 15 years by archaeologist Ivan Ivanov. Several graves are distinguished by exceptional finds of gold objects. This fact shows that in this early era of metalworking, the Balkans already had beginnings of state formation and the royal institution emerged. 850 gold objects found: tiara, earrings, necklace, breastplate, bracelets, belt, gold hammer, scepter, gold boomerang or sickle pattern, two gold plates representing animal figures, 30 stylized horned animals, gold astragalus (ashik). The so-called symbolic burials of a priest king who is a blacksmith.

The objects were covered with a gold-woven cover, decorated at the ends with gold appliqués in the form of sheep or goat horns. Tools are laid - awl and chisel. It also contains clay "masks" of human faces whose elements are marked with gold - eyes, mouth, teeth and nose. The "faces" are richly decorated with tiaras, earrings, a necklace, and the whole face is covered with a gold-colored veil adorned with small gold beads.

These symbolic burials are considered "female" and are interpreted as depicting the Mother Goddess. It is probably a ritual play of a "sacred marriage" between the king and the Mother Goddess. These 6 symbolic graves are the nucleus of the Chalcolithic necropolis and were probably laid at the beginning of its existence. The symbolism explains the role of the blacksmith in the transformation process - the ore is turned into metal and the metal into an object (weapons, ornaments). It is the mediator between the two worlds, namely nature - culture. For this reason, the role of the blacksmith is thought to be closely related to the sacral sphere, because myths tell us that metals originate from other worlds (water, caves) and only the blacksmith has access to them. He is the one who is aware of the secret and is responsible for protecting it. He was even worshiped as a god (the Thracian tribe honors the fallen Hephaestus as such).

The gold found is a real sensation. All over the world, the finds are known as the "Treasure of Varna Chalcolithic Necropolis" and the civilization to which it belonged "Cultural Varna". This is the highest amount of processed gold since the 5th millennium BC. worldwide. 7500 square meters have been excavated and 294 graves with more than 3000 ornaments of gold weighing over 6.5 kg have been discovered. This is the late Stone Age. Until before the discovery of the treasure, it was believed that the first metal to be processed by man is copper, but after these revelations it turns out that gold actually began to be used with copper and since ancient times was a symbol of power and power.

One recent study shows that Varna's treasure is the first evidence of human thought on our planet. As amazing as it may sound, the civilization that lived on our lands knew the golden section of Phi and the Pi number. Two gold bulls of different size were found in one of the many graves. The smaller bull has 45 points and the bigger one has 56. These numbers, multiplied by the height of the bigger one, which is 58.17 mm, give the height of the great Pyramid of Cheops - 146.5 m.

Even more ancient can be called the treasure near the village of Hotnitsa, it dates from the 5th millennium BC. . It was discovered by accident in 1955 in construction works. The discoveries are over 5,000. Of particular interest are the gold objects discovered, copper implements, rich collections of vessels, tools and plastics. They are referred to as the oldest gold in the world, and the depth of which is discovered suggests that the discovered gold spirals are the oldest gold in the world. The techniques used are two: by pulling and knocking, 23.5 carats of pure natural gold!

Of particular importance to the discoveries in the village of Hotnitsa is the fact that gold was discovered in its true environment, not in graves and necropolises. It became clear that people lived and used jewelry on them, used them in their daily lives, for ornaments, not just for ritual purposes. Experts say that the civilization of the 5th millennium BC. made the gold ornaments found in the village of Hotnitsa, is older than the Egyptian and Sumerian ones. This is the most ancient civilization inhabiting our lands.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting and spectacular history. Should be a great area to search for treasure. Good luck!

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan :occasion14: 8-) :cat: :headbang:

Samanthy

Apr 22, 2018
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White‘s Sierra Madre
White‘s TM–600
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If you are looking for treasure go to the Black Sea coastline. The port cities were the richest.

OP
OP
V

Valko553

Tenderfoot
Oct 12, 2019
Bulgaria
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Samanthy
In Bulgaria, the search for ancient coins and treasures is prohibited by law.
So I'm only looking for gold deposits.

Tamanee

Oct 15, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My name is Tamanee. I live in Michigan and am starting to collect rocks from our Great Lakes, so I'm new at it. I need help identifying some of them, it isn't as easy as I thought it would be..... which makes is even more exciting!!

Samanthy

Apr 22, 2018
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White‘s Sierra Madre
White‘s TM–600
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Searching for ancient coins and treasure may be prohibited by law but it goes on non-stop in the Balkans!

OP
OP
V

Valko553

Tenderfoot
Oct 12, 2019
Bulgaria
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i totally agree with that.
There are many poor people in Bulgaria.
The law is very strict. There are many people convicted of search ancien coins

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My name is Tamanee. I live in Michigan and am starting to collect rocks from our Great Lakes, so I'm new at it. I need help identifying some of them, it isn't as easy as I thought it would be..... which makes is even more exciting!!
tn_md.gif
1st - Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Michigan for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.
tn_metal_detector.gif
2nd - Take a look at ROCKS/GEMS for information about Rocks...

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting