Greatings from the Netherlands

B.Scott

Jan 8, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I everyone,
I'm B.Scott and new to this forum. Last year my sister gave me a Minelabs Explorer SE that she bought about ten years back but only used once. It seems she found searching on a pebbled beach too much work in retrospect. Although it is an older model and slightly bulkier than the new stuff on the market, it is (was) a top of the model that should give a few years of fun. You will notice from the title that I like overseas. Yes, I moved here 42 years back and fell in love, both figuratively and literally. Though I speak the Dutch language effortlessly, writing in English gives me more pleasure and allows me to express myself more fully.

Well, my Explorer SE took me quite a while to dial in, but now does the job quite well. Sadly, I haven't made as much use of it as I would have liked after a work-related accident put the brakes on much prolonged walking. But it is all healing, albeit slowly. At some point in the future, I hope to be somewhat closer to my old self.

In the meanwhile, I have been doing quite a bit of swimming for my physio training and it is safe to say I can now swim much better than I can walk. My plan at the moment is to use a cheapo PI detector and do an underwater sweep of a bay while on vacation in a resort in Egypt. This will give me a chance to do some detecting without all the footwork. I'm pretty sure this is virgin ground and I am very curious as to what I will find.

B.Scott

djackson7348

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome from North Carolina. Sounds like it could be a real interesting hunt. Best of luck to you.

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good luck to you on a speedy recovery. Please send pictures when you find things in the water in Egypt!!

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome B Scott from Texas USA :wave:

Good luck on your hunt! :icon_thumright:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Netherlands for information directly related to your country.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet from MI Tommy

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :occasion14:

The Minelab Explorer SE is a great machine, but as you say, a heavy machine. :icon_thumleft:

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, what is it like detecting in the Netherlands? My father bought a house in the old part of Enkhuizen and we love to visit. The city told me I could not detect the beaches. What are the laws if you ask permission on private land? Is it different in each town? Everything there is so much older. I love the little thrift store there. We helped set up candles for the light celabration. Thanks for any information! Good luck in Egypt!!

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!

You're writing is a pleasure to read.

The trip to Egypt sounds great,........

But, please take care as to any protocols that may be in place there.

Welcome pyamid.jpg

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet.

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-net. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :hello:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard T-Net from Northern Virginia, looking forward to your missives and finds :skullflag:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan
8-)
:cat:
:occasion14:
:headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread