Artist With Recent Gypsy Ways, Looking into Metal Detecting, and Antiques

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a mid-life past social work person who has turned all Artist(visual 2-d mixed-media mostly), and I'm in the extreme SE USA right now, but hope to go west again within about 8-10 weeks. I just completed my formal BA in Art in 2017, and I do hope to someday get though at least an MA in Art, if not an MFA. I have some Antique researching time in my background as I was hired to help sell some a few years back while I was a student.

I'm very interesting in using a metal detector, and maybe buying/selling Antiques/Art, and maybe selling some metal for money too?

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - members may have more success helping you (your location may help etc.)...

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard T-Net from Northern Virginia :skullflag: It's a great hobby, get you a machine and start swinging:icon_thumleft:

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
UGA has a great arts school and there are tons of talented artists around Athens.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I am a mid-life past social work person who has turned all Artist(visual 2-d mixed-media mostly), and I'm in the extreme SE USA right now, but hope to go west again within about 8-10 weeks. I just completed my formal BA in Art in 2017, and I do hope to someday get though at least an MA in Art, if not an MFA. I have some Antique researching time in my background as I was hired to help sell some a few years back while I was a student.

I'm very interesting in using a metal detector, and maybe buying/selling Antiques/Art, and maybe selling some metal for money too?

If you can solder or weld , and are creative there are lots of things that can be made from commonly found items.
Not only for the steampunk market.

A lampshade made from????
Figurines made from hardware?
And what can be made with the bane of detectorists ,pulltabs and bottle caps?
Old spoons have lots of uses as do other tableware. Recently spotted an old article where spoon handles were roundly folded allowing the handle to be screwed to a piece of wood and the spoon bowl now on top serving as a small parts holder for a jeweler ect. Multiple spoons...

Windchimes made from finds might be doable.

You hunt long enough you'll have quite a collection of items to re-purpose ,if they suit your artistic bent.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan
8-):cat::occasion14::headbang:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Mi. Tommy

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TreasureNet! I’ve been into creating artwork for 60 years and can not think of a better thing to do with one’s time in the garden. Best of luck!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What does Gypsy ways mean?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :occasion14:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
GoldieLocks

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am originally from MN and moved to OR for 23 years as an adult with a bit of time mostly in CA as an adult. I then burned out of the rain and went on a sort of, "Walk about" into multiple states meeting with grad program reps., mostly in warmer dry climates. So I've visited about 5 states in two years. I'm currently in N. Florida, but want to go back into AZ, it was one of my best experiences, and stay, or maybe S. NV, near Las Vegas. I have a new partner I met in FL, so he will be part of the final decision making process and move as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GoldieLocks

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the Allagany or Phili., PA area, if you know Barnes, Or Sellers or any Lukens, they would be distant cousins. Interesting, Great grandad was Lt. Col. Eli G. Sellers, from the civil war. His momentos have sold at auction in the area, a whittled Bible stating, "1862" is about 3x3.5 in. is still in our family's possession in Minnesota.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread