I am new to Metal Detecting with my Garrett Ace 250

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the Ace250 better than any machine I've used...spent a lot of time with it. Dig everything but iron at first (unless you have iron targets you seek). If you hunt parks, you will be frustrated with the amount of aluminum. When pinpointing, find a process that works best for you and be consistent in how you pinpoint. You will eventually find that symmetrical targets (good targets) have a crisper, tighter sound. I swear I got to a point where I could tell if it was a coin using pinpoint. Pinpointing is one of the best tools to discriminate targets on lower end machines. You'll learn that items which pinpoint large or vary are asymmetrical and usually junk and/or not pinpointing correctly. This will save you some time and frustration in trashy areas.

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello and Welcome from Southeast Louisiana... "D"

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello and Welcome from Southeast Louisiana!!! "D"

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the forum !
Make a list - ask everyone you know how old their house is - if it's over 75 years old - ask to hunt it !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread