Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IF I may, I think its a fallacy for especially a beginner to think the next level is going to come with a more expensive machine.
Quite the opposite can be true when the learning curve comes in vs a simpler machine. The best detector you will ever use is the one you use the most, regardless of bells, whistles and how much you paid.

That said, upgrades are not bad, but you gotta keep the proper mindset and don't expect coins from the 1820's to come flying out of the ground that you missed before with the cheap detector. As with most anything else, you'll get what you put into it, it takes many many hours to become experienced with any given machine, and throwing new machines in the mix can put a fly in the works.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! I still remember the rush I got when I got my first detector, lo, these many years ago! I still get the same rush when I dig up a coin, even if it is new. Learn your detector by using it and going through you manual over and over. Mostly get out and detect to really learn what your detector is telling you.

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've found a great place for information and fellow treasure hunters of all kinds -- welcome aboard! :occasion14:

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello and Welcome from Southeast Louisiana... "D"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread