Hello from North Carolina!!!

Picker719

Greenie
Oct 19, 2020
Cameron, NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Everybody! My name is Todd Gingerich, I’m from central North Carolina right to the East of the Carolina Slate belt in a small town called Cameron. I’m a beginner gold prospector, I got the fever about 6 months ago and I just love it. I’ve found about 6 grams so far which I don’t think is too bad, 3 grams of that is 2 nuggets, both about 1.5grams so I feel very lucky to have found those so early on in my prospecting adventures. Anyway, I was in the marine corps for four years and saw some not so good stuff, I’ve tried all kinds of medicine for it but nothing compares to getting out on the river and digging around and panning for gold, best medicine ever! Happy hunting everybody!

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome Todd from Texas :wave:

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Picker from Connecticut. Ya can't beat a day in the field!

pinkmagnolia

Tenderfoot
Mar 19, 2020
NC
Detector(s) used
Apex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
I am a newbie in NC too. I started metal detecting in Feb and have really enjoyed it too. Are you in a club?

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Todd! Take a look at Forum: North Carolina for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from San Jose, CA!

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
In NC and no tector? O man...you got another hobby to try as you are in the right state. Thanks for your service and good luck out thar!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :icon_thumleft:

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet! :hello:

OP
OP
P

Picker719

Greenie
Oct 19, 2020
Cameron, NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks everybody for the warm welcome! So excited to have found a site where like minded explorers can communicate and learn from each other!

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, Todd, Thank You for your service! Welcome to the forum from the mountains of northeastern Oregon. I saw some not so good stuff in Viet Nam. I started metal detecting in the early '70's and it has helped me a lot over the years... and I got some therapy from the VA... That helped too. One of my biggest helps was, and still is, riding my motorcycle! Good luck on the gold hunting and other detecting adventures!

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :hello:

OP
OP
P

Picker719

Greenie
Oct 19, 2020
Cameron, NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
First, Todd, Thank You for your service! Welcome to the forum from the mountains of northeastern Oregon. I saw some not so good stuff in Viet Nam. I started metal detecting in the early '70's and it has helped me a lot over the years... and I got some therapy from the VA... That helped too. One of my biggest helps was, and still is, riding my motorcycle! Good luck on the gold hunting and other detecting adventures!

Hey Arfieboy, thank you for your service as well. I also love to ride motorcycles, I’m saving up now for a Dual sport which is a dirt bike basically that you can also ride on the road with. Have a good one!

OP
OP
P

Picker719

Greenie
Oct 19, 2020
Cameron, NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In NC and no tector? O man...you got another hobby to try as you are in the right state. Thanks for your service and good luck out thar!

I hear ya brother! I want to try metal detecting so bad and can’t wait to, I just don’t have the money right now for one,I know I could get one of those cheap ones but when I do get one I want it to be a good one that will last a long time. Are you from NC?

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
No. Never been there but CarolinaTom down there says if I'm ever in the area to hit him up and I would love to do some tectin down there. Maybe some day. Right now...notta.
About 25 years ago you could rent one for the day. I rememer being in the metal detector shop on west 44th ave here in Denver (Wheat Ridge) and a fella had rented one, gone to city park, dug a pull tab that was in the bottom of another person's plug. He put the pull tab in his trash pouch and there was another target a few inches deeper....5 dollar gold coin. I'll never forget...how lucky could a first timer get?
Anyway, my point is that not everyone can get into detecting as you are going to dig a LOT more trash than treasure. So, try and borrow one to see if it's for you.
Back to the thread! ....

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread