New Member Greetings

TonyK

Jan 4, 2021
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt GA-72, Geometrix G-858, Geophex GEM-2, Geonix EM-31, S&S Noggin 100 & 250 MHz GPR, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All! New member here, not new to exploration, but new to recreational detecting. 30 years in geophysical, UXO, environmental, cultural resources exploration, etc. Looking forward to doing what I have done all these years for just plain fun! Will be reaching out for some pointers on what type equipment to purchase, say, around $1000, for starters. I have S&S Noggin GPR and run Noggin software and Potent for EM surveys, but doubtful that I will be using any of that unless I need to zero in on a grid. Also interested in knowing about any west coastal detecting stories and advice as that may be where I start out. Looks like lots of great advice and expertise on this forum and looking forward to sharing what I learn and find. Thanks in advance..

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Michigan Tony! You are correct, there's a lot of great, experienced folks here that can offer help in any area. Best of luck to you!

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet! :hello:
Nick

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Oregon for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to T-Net from Southeast Louisiana... "D"

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum from northeastern Oregon! Good luck in this great hobby!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard TonyK, glad to have you join us.:headbang:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello All! New member here, not new to exploration, but new to recreational detecting. 30 years in geophysical, UXO, environmental, cultural resources exploration, etc. Looking forward to doing what I have done all these years for just plain fun! Will be reaching out for some pointers on what type equipment to purchase, say, around $1000, for starters. I have S&S Noggin GPR and run Noggin software and Potent for EM surveys, but doubtful that I will be using any of that unless I need to zero in on a grid. Also interested in knowing about any west coastal detecting stories and advice as that may be where I start out. Looks like lots of great advice and expertise on this forum and looking forward to sharing what I learn and find. Thanks in advance..
Welcome to the forum!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread