New Member from Central Texas

Apr 4, 2021
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello from Texas! I found this site while researching and trying to identify some of my finds. I have been metal detecting some family property in the Texas hill country (central Texas) for the last couple of years. We've known for a long time about an old home foundation on the property that we assumed was from the late 1800s. When I started detecting the area, I started finding lots of interesting items and have enjoyed trying to piece together the story of who lived there, one item at a time. I want to identify and document my finds to share the story with all our family members associated with the property. Some of my more interesting finds are 4 civil war buttons (3 general service and 1 more rare) and 70+ spent shell casings that appear to be late 1800s or early 1900s. And I find more almost every time I go out. I'll be posting some of those to attempt to identify the ones I have yet to identify in all my research. I can't figure out why there are so many spent casings in such a small area (in the immediate vicinity of the home foundation). My grandfather assumed it was as a result of an Indian raid on the house, and maybe it was. But there appear to be several different calibers - maybe 5 or 6. Who had that many different guns around the house back in those days? So was it some type of action against Indians post-Civil War? I'm fascinated by it and continue to do research on property records and try to determine what happened out there. I'd love to hear from anyone who has ideas on either what may have occurred there or how to find out more information. Thanks for allowing me to join this community and take part in the discussions!

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Howdy and Welcome neighbor from San Antonio :wave:

Those are some nice hunts:). Post a pic of some casings, how deep were they found?

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the T-net forum from the state of Oregon! Glad to have you join us. I look forward to your postings. Good Luck!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to tnet

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard..greetings from New York..Wishing you good luck and stay safe out there

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .:hello:

claypile

Mar 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello there. Welcome to Tnet. Hope you have a great time here. See you around.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Texas for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread