PinPointer only $15.00 ??

Minstrel

Oct 12, 2008
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett-GTI-2500
Hey everyone,
I ran across this blog on another detector site--might give it a try myself.

I was recently shopping at our local Harbor Freight tool store, when I saw a metal
detector made for finding nails in wooden boards. This unit is only 81/2" long and 1
1/2" wide. The head is 2 3/4" wide. I thought it might come in handy to pinpoint an
object under the coil of a metal detector. I had no idea of the sensitivity of this unit but
bought it anyway for $15.00

I was very surprised to find out I could very accurately pinpoint small metal objects,
even could sense copper clad BB's which I had a hard time finding with my eyes. This
"Little Wizard II" Which it's called is light in weight but strong, has a thumb adjustment
for sensitivity and a screw adjustment for course tune. It runs on one 9v battery with a
good running time. My Grandson uses it in the back yard to find coins and nails etc.
just by itself. I hope someone else might find this helpful as I do.

Have fun
Dennis

teencraft

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2009
Socorro, New Mexico
Minstrel said:
Hey everyone,
I ran across this blog on another detector site--might give it a try myself.

I was recently shopping at our local Harbor Freight tool store, when I saw a metal
detector made for finding nails in wooden boards. This unit is only 81/2" long and 1
1/2" wide. The head is 2 3/4" wide. I thought it might come in handy to pinpoint an
object under the coil of a metal detector. I had no idea of the sensitivity of this unit but
bought it anyway for $15.00

I was very surprised to find out I could very accurately pinpoint small metal objects,
even could sense copper clad BB's which I had a hard time finding with my eyes. This
"Little Wizard II" Which it's called is light in weight but strong, has a thumb adjustment
for sensitivity and a screw adjustment for course tune. It runs on one 9v battery with a
good running time. My Grandson uses it in the back yard to find coins and nails etc.
just by itself. I hope someone else might find this helpful as I do.

Have fun
Dennis

Harbor freight? have you tried this and does it work?

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cen-Tech Pinpointer - $14.99
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=97245
Cen-Tech.gif

Bran <><

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
teencraft said:
Thanks for the link. Does this one buzz or beep? I remember reading about a pintpointer that buzzed instead of beeped, so that the operator wouldn't need to remove headphones from his main detector. Any reviews of this product? For 15 bucks, shoot... :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

You're welcome!
I don't know if it vibrates, but I'm sure it beeps. That's not the pinpointer I use... I have the Vibraprobe 570, which vibrates only.
I know there are others who use the Cen-Tech, so I'm sure someone can give you a review of it on here.

Bran <><

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
There is a thread on here somewhere where someone does an indepth test.

I also have the 570 vibraprobe and one of these cheapos. It actually works pretty damn good. I was surprised. It only beeps, no vibrate.

Well worth 15 bucks and I got it in a week. I hear people are having to be on a back order now for them.

Good luck.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one and have put it through the paces for a good dozen outings. I set it to the most sensitive and chance that only if I get a small target in the dug dirt piles. The lamp has come in handy a time or two. Still same battery for 4 months/ obviously not in continuous use. When you consider the price I don,t think I will buy another brand soon. Be sure to go to the store if you have one near, saves the shipping.

Ed D.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Born2Dtect said:
I have one and have put it through the paces for a good dozen outings. I set it to the most sensitive and chance that only if I get a small target in the dug dirt piles. The lamp has come in handy a time or two. Still same battery for 4 months/ obviously not in continuous use. When you consider the price I don,t think I will buy another brand soon. Be sure to go to the store if you have one near, saves the shipping.

Ed D.

Maybe I'll have to pick on up... I was actually just in Harbor Freight last night to pick up a machete for camping for only 5 bucks (with a sheath!)
That store doesn't have all the brand names... but their products are pretty good quality, and their prices are even better (especially for our hobby)

Bran <><

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
godisnum1 said:
Born2Dtect said:

Ed D.

Maybe I'll have to pick on up... I was actually just in Harbor Freight last night to pick up a machete for camping for only 5 bucks (with a sheath!)
That store doesn't have all the brand names... but their products are pretty good quality, and their prices are even better (especially for our hobby)

Bran <><

I own a construction company and some of my longest lasting tools came from there. And they are about 1/8 the price of my better stuff!

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Of course you know its all made in China.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread