OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nah. Just haven't locked in activities, yet. We were going to treasure hunt, but that fell through for a couple of reasons so we decided to go anyway and camp/hike. Wondering if anybody in the area could guide us to places of interest.

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was at Las Vegas this past weekind, I did some detecting at some old houses across the street from the train depot, I didn't find anything worth looking at, but they sure must have drank a lot of beer all I found was can slaw and pull tabs, and the parks wernt much better.
HH

jrpoppapump

May 23, 2004
north eastern new mexico
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, white's dfx 300, garrett pro pointer (R.I.P. to my Garrett gta 500)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what ghost towns were you looking at in the springer area? everthings private property and ranchland up there.

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Southwest of Springer we'd looked at Rael, Rayado, Heck, Sweetwater. In that area. We were going to hike near the Carson Mesa area and near Miami Lake. I've contacted the tourism department about maps for public and private lands, so we don't break any laws.

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like around the Charette Lakes/Falls area.

jrpoppapump

May 23, 2004
north eastern new mexico
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, white's dfx 300, garrett pro pointer (R.I.P. to my Garrett gta 500)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all private land. rael, sweetwater and heck are owned by the express UU bar ranch and rayado is owned by them as well as the philmont scout ranch. they do enforce tresspassing. miami lake is a resident ownly lake. not sure about carson mesa. but the areas you talk about, what were public lands are no longer. the state sold it to express ranch.

web search "white's peak land swap" it talks alot about that area and the proposed deal. not sure it's current status but will bet if you showed up in the area with a detector, they'd be people calling. i guess you could ask for permission....good luck.

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crud. Good to know ahead of time, tho. Will change plans. Do you know of a current map that would delineate public vs private?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread