footxless

Jun 11, 2012
belen
Detector(s) used
garret ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fort.jpg
This is a old fort i found in the Manzano mountains a few years ago. There are no trails leading to this fort. Why was build here mabey a mine near by? any thoughts????

TC-NM

Jun 8, 2008
Sunny AZ
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro & Spectra V3i / White's E Series 9000 & Sunray Pro Golds HP's / Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT/ White's digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 645266
This is a old fort i found in the Manzano mountains a few years ago. There are no trails leading to this fort. Why was build here mabey a mine near by? any thoughts????

What makes you think that this is an old fort? How many more structures are present? By the looks of it, the view of the pic is pointed down into a small valley. Most forts typically are located in or around lowlands and near rivers where the soldiers have a 360 degree view of things, typically.

The only information that I can come up with is the post at Abo Pass near Scholle, just off of U.S. 60 coming out of the south end of the Manzanos. This post was a temporary cavalry tent camp located 15 miles east of Bernardo. Up along U.S. 60 are numerous abandoned structures. Don't know if one in the same. Where abouts is this located in the Manzanos?

TC-NM

OP
OP
footxless

footxless

Jun 11, 2012
belen
Detector(s) used
garret ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the reason i suspect its a fort is mostly hear say,
i was told by a couple of old treasure hunters who picked up me and my buddy from a backpacking trip gone bad. they told me there was a fort in the area i described that a unm teacher found an bunch of Spanish armor in in the 70s. the "fort" is located above Los lunas north of Comanche canyon there are several other rock squares i have found in person. regardless of what it is it took a lot of effort to build as small as it is i will be mding there soon after i have mded there i will be happy to show anyone willing to exchange other sites of interest with me for this one. :icon_thumleft:
by the way thanks for the reply i felt alone on the nm forum lol

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions