Fenn Treasure Hunt

milehigh

Jul 10, 2012
Castle Rock,CO.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been all over the news, and I imagine it's like woodstock in that area for the forseeable future.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
If you type in fenn at the search window on the home page you'll get a lot of posts. I was surprised the national news picked up the story. For awhile I figured he would make his money back selling the books. Fortunately New Mexico is a long way from everywhere.
By the looks of his home I think he has bucks.

CogitoNM

Greenie
Mar 25, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
Detector(s) used
OKM Rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I live in Albuquerque and have already met a few people who came down here to search for this treasure. I know the area quite well and am going to go do my own searching next weekend. The Poem is pretty easy to interpret if you know the area, hopefully we're right!

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other

Wings&Things

May 7, 2013
Oakdale, calif
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jemeze Hot springs is most likely the area you want to be in..but remember this he said he did not bury it, but he hid it..in plain sight with a slight edge..I believe it is camoflaged like the surrounding area..,in plain view..but you cant see it:)

Terry (The Old Guy)

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
Terry, what do you mean "in plain sight with a slight edge"?

Wings&Things

May 7, 2013
Oakdale, calif
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best place to hid something - "In Plain Sight"

The slight edge would be the camouflage ..not just setting on the side of the road..Im sure it was meant to blend in with the surrounding areas..That way one could drive right up to it and never get out, see if it has been disturbed..

The problem lies in the location..or X marks the spot..find that and you could be very rich:)

Terry (The Old Guy)

Wings&Things

May 7, 2013
Oakdale, calif
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been working on his poem for awhile now..some things I have learned....the peom tells you vaguely how to find the "treasure", and it also gives you the starting point, not just one..many! Whom ever put this poem together tried to make it simple looking but it is far from that..it was well thought out, perhaps revised manys time to end up the way it is now..Keep in mind when you look at it "think out of the box"

I hope to go there this or next year & check out my "theories".

Terry (The Old Guy)

Wings&Things

May 7, 2013
Oakdale, calif
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They been searching for this treasure for three years and have not found it yet.Unless of course you have found it already??

Terry (Almost as old a Forrest Fenn)

Wings&Things

May 7, 2013
Oakdale, calif
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where in nevada are you at? I ask because I should be going there this year to visit my Great-Nephew he lives in Las Vegas whom I have never laid eyes on:)

Terry (The other old Guy)

Desertphile

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A fellow, Forrest Fenn sez he hid a treasure with gold and jewels, weighing 42 pounds in a bronze box, he lives in Santa Fe New Mexico. Anyone heard of this? Do you live in Santa Fe?

Er, I heard about it almost three years ago. I've talked with Mr. Fenn a few times.

Desertphile

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I been working on his poem for awhile now..some things I have learned....the peom tells you vaguely how to find the "treasure", and it also gives you the starting point, not just one..many! Whom ever put this poem together tried to make it simple looking but it is far from that..it was well thought out, perhaps revised manys time to end up the way it is now..Keep in mind when you look at it "think out of the box" I hope to go there this or next year & check out my "theories". Terry (The Old Guy)

Er.... the poem does not give multiple locations regarding where to look. It is in three parts: where to start, how to get to the hiding place, and then what to look for.

Captpappy

May 21, 2013
NM MN Id
Detector(s) used
tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to this so I hope this works. Here is a complete break down and analysis of Fenn's poem. captpappy | A great WordPress.com site It is a page or two long so to much to put here. If hunters use this as a map it will lead to the obvious hiding place, that being a cottonwood tree with a hollow at the base of the truck. Check it out and tell me what you think.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread