Treasure map in New Mexico

diamondbuddy

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I have a map that I discovered on the back of a painting. It is drawn in pen and was sealed by a framing company in the 50's. I know this because the company was stamped on the paper. I discovered it when I tore a hole in the paper.
when I was hanging it. I am looking for someone with an interest and the know how to pursue it. I can't just hand the map over without a guarantee that I won't be left out of the loop if something is recovered so don't ask me to send you a photo of the map. I have a good history on the area (It is not populated yet but there are homes in the distance). My thought is why would someone go to the trouble that many years ago?

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like a fun adventure to see what it would be. To bad I'm 44 hours straight driving to get there! Haha
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1425754874.400480.jpg

victorysgold

Feb 24, 2008
Durham, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 3.2, Garrett Propointer II,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very interesting find. Good luck on your quest of finding a trustworthy partner.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I would be wary of contacting anyone who posts on this forum who want to help you. Be patient - you have plenty of time.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with sdcfia, you have to be cautious. But having said that, there are some posting on T-net you can trust, you just have to figure out who those people are.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread