who knows the guys who found the wagon robbery morgans here in NM?

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
about a year ago i think it was in WE T there was a article about 2 guys doing some research on a wagon pay robbery in new mexico in the 1800's, they narrowed the area down started detecting around some hills and sure enough found it. morgans all dated up to the year of the robbery,alot of them, i have been looking for the article but am having no luck. they set up a meeting with someone from we t to share thier discovery, anyone remember this one?

E

El Chato

I live in Las Cruces. Somewhere I have an issue of Lost Treasure Mag that was in '97, someone found a crud load of Morgan silver dollars in excellent condition in an arroyo about 1/4 mile to a mile from I-25 in Belin, NM. Could that be the story that you are refering to?

-David.

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
hi, i just moved away from cruces, belen sound like it, but they were not found in a ditch, i believe they were aound a small hill, its been awhile since i read it, and im positive the issue is not 97, maybe when they found it, do you know which issue it is in?
oh, thanks for the response

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
if possible can you find out which issue? like i said i think it was E&W, may have been lost treasure, but i for sure read it 2 years ago, maybe a lil more

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
bottles10 is correct.The full story is in the latest issue of Lost Treasure.You can probably go to their website and read the story or download it.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
This yarn was printed at least 10 years ago. I can find it if you need it. Prof Ken
Weinman of Alberquerque claims two chaps contacted him about a story he wrote
in LT or WE of a train robbery near Belen. He says they found the loot and wanted
to repay him, met him at some greasy spoon and donated 10? Morgans. Is that
the one? lastleg

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
yes i believe thats the one, i thought it came out only a few years ago tho. i also think i found who it was, thanks all

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread