Looking for Partner near Sierra county NM

Shattuc

Greenie
May 30, 2005
Boise, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
I'm looking for a good partner to join me in my exploits/explorations in and around sierra county. I like being outdoors, I love driving up mountains, but I hate being alone out there. There's a few reasons why I don't like being alone. (I've already found places I could get shot at if I show up at the wrong times.) I don't like guns. I don't own but a 22 long rifle, and I never bring it with me when I go exploring. I use it to put holes in paper. I'm not a hunter, and I can barely live with myself when I accidentally run over a bunny. In the places I've been playing, I've seen Cat tracks. some wider than the width of my foot. Some as recent as 2 maybe 3 days. Although the 4 legged ones are the least of my worries, I always feel like I'm being watched when I'm up exploring that particular area. I have only a limited number of days each month that I can afford to do my hobby, and they vary dependent on the weather, and how I'm feeling at the time. (Unwittingly providing me with a very erratic schedule for going up the mountain =D)

I have a friend here that I'd trust with my life, the only problem is, anything other than well paved road travel causes him immense amounts of pain. I've seen him pulling his shirt away from his chest after a long day in the hills. I love to be offroad. I love the challenge of it. I don't have a winch, or a jack that's worth anything more than changing a tire. I've been driving off road for nearly 15 years now, and never rolled or gotten myself into a spot where a little bit of pedal finesse couldn't get me out of.

If you're about Sierra county, and interested in chasing untethered pinapeds, get a message to me. We'll figure out how to go from there.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Well!
You could meet up with "Doc & I", when we head into the Caballo Mnts!
The first stop is accessable with 2wd & good tires
It is a place that Doc Noss 1st found many gold bars.. Not "Victorio Peak" !
It is where there are lots and lots of Treasure signs !
They indicate a Larger treasure, back into the mnts from where Doc Noss this one!

goldseeker7

Jan 21, 2008
Hey Shattuc,
Welcome to the "club". I've spent alot of time in those montanas. My Dad 30 more years than I. He was a prospector, not a THer.
They are difficult, dangerous and exciting. History awaits round every bend. Keep your mind and eyes open. Tune in on common sence and geology. Ignore the sounds and lights at night.. hahaha.
Everyone up there will be armed. They all think thay have the "spot" or "spots". Some have a strange ownership that transends the laws of the land. You might at least think of a pistola loaded with shot for the first 2 rounds. Those ring tails rattles can get too close fast. I've even seen Green Black tails up in there. Had a Cat jump over my head while I was down in a narrow place one time. His dust and rock settled on me. In a cave one time and heard a loud hissing... turned out to be young Buzzards. Might be good to carry some Mace..?? Another time it was a 5' rattler.
Look for what is different, look for odd shadows, rock formations that could be man made. Look for material that doesn't match. Stretch your emagination. Think in terms of pictures, not words.
The spanish used donkey blood to make a morter or adobe when there was no water close by. The stain stays forever. Feel when gravity seems to pull the wrong direction. Take pictures and keep records of where they are. Look for animal shapes, rock piles, cave-ins, carvings, and most of all keep in touch with your 6th sence. When the hair on the back of the neck raises, slow down and tread softly. Note all your surroundings. I use a GPS to record where I am. I use a voice recorder sometimes to record stuff and then send to my web mail as soon as I get back to the vehicle, and laptop.
Good luck!
G7

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
Hi EL
We got moved to Silver City.
Hope you are having fun. Did you get back up to the redman?

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
cptbil he may be out of state at the moment. When I hear from him I will let him know you offered.

Did you get my email?

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
It gets kind of confusing...
I had an email account with Yahoo, under the name of
Cptbil
Then one day it got "stuck",
I tried for days/weeks to get Yahoo to see what was wrong! LOL! :-\
They never answered or ever tried ! >:(
So!
I just opened a new email account but this time under
Cptbild
So!
My present & correct email address is
cptbild@ yahoo.com

Attachments

• Aztec Face.jpg
    Aztec Face.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 554

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Look carefully at the rocks that the "Face & Writting" is drawn on
Looks like this could be placed in front of an opening ????
A couple of small wedge rocks on the bottom left hand corner, etc
How the Rocks are of a different make up , more, etc..

Feb 8, 2008
ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-Fisher 2 box & others
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a Mimbres indian (ie native american) petroglyph....not aztec. Just thought you would like to know.
I would say approximately 900-1200 AD. Do you remember what area the rock was?

Attachments

• evans233.jpg
    evans233.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 545

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
evans233 said:
That's a Mimbres indian (ie native american) petroglyph....not aztec. Just thought you would like to know.
I would say approximately 900-1200 AD. Do you remember what area the rock was?

You're correct of course. The picture may have been taken somewhere in the Dwyer area of the lower Mimbres River.

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.
If the drawing is Mimbres how come...the following

Look at the "Crown" on his head
Look at, although, hard to see in the photo, His teeth are sharpened to a point,
And
Why is he looking at Aztec Writting ?
This site is many miles from the Mimbres River
And!
Yes!
I remember where it is located
I, return there many times, as this is not the only "sign" in the canyon where it is located!
For instance:
There is a very unique "Drawing" of a Dinosaur (Head) ?
That changes what it is, as you view it from different angles/directions

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
Ah an old legend item depicting the gods as in some sort of insect, and some sort of pre man idea. Neet item.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
johnnycat said:
Hey Springfield, have you heard about, "Mimbres Camp". Cavalary post from I believe 1863-64?

Sounds familiar. I think it was on the east side of the river down near Dwyer. Didn't last long - they relocated over to Fort Cummings on the Butterfield Trail as I recall.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread